Intel is looking for an FPGA hardware engineer to accelerate video and vision processing algorithms. Algorithms will include very high resolution video manipulation functions and object detection/tracking functions based on traditional and machine learning Computer Vision libraries. FPGA algorithms will be developed using RTL design languages, high-level tools and integrated into new video/computer vision software development kits. Applications include robotics, smart surveillance, smart factory, interactive whiteboards, digital signage and professional video systems. Work includes developing solutions with our customers and demonstrating next generation systems at sites around the world and at key trade shows. The role is based in Marlow, 40 minutes from central London and Oxford.
The Intel office is a welcoming, friendly environment offering large personalisable cube spaces with dedicated high specification PCs/laptops, multiple displays, and access to local and global compute farms. On-site you also have access to free hot and cold drinks, weekly badminton, indoor football, trail running and cycling activities.
- Developing solutions for FPGA based video processing systems and embedded vision processing systems, using Intel processor + FPGA
- Identifying the benefits of processor + FPGA solutions compared to other architectures
- Collaborating with other Intel teams to develop best in class solutions
- Presenting these solutions to customers
- Developing and following a strong design process, enabling customers to meet Quality Management System standards
- Providing input to Intel's future architectures and products
- MEng or higher in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science (or equivalent), with excellent results
- 5+ years of relevant work experience (or equivalent) in FPGA or ASIC development.
- Strong hardware design skills (Verilog or VHDL)
- Knowledge of heterogeneous vision processing systems using CPUs, GPUs and FPGAs is desired
- Knowledge and interest in machine learning and AI is desired
- Able to set own goals and deliver output to a high standard
- Good interpersonal and communication skills and an ability to apply sound judgement
- Good problem solving skills
- Strong team working skills
- Occasional Business travel is required
Intel offers a competitive salary
Inside this Business Group
The Programmable Solutions Group (PSG) was formed from the acquisition of Altera. As part of Intel, PSG will create market-leading programmable logic devices that deliver a wider range of capabilities than customers experience today. Combining Altera's industry-leading FPGA technology and customer support with Intel's world-class semiconductor manufacturing capabilities will enable customers to create the next generation of electronic systems with unmatched performance and power efficiency. PSG takes pride in creating an energetic and dynamic work environment that is driven by ingenuity and innovation. We believe the growth and success of our group is directly linked to the growth and satisfaction of our employees. That is why PSG is committed to a work environment that is flexible and collaborative, and allows our employees to reach their full potential.