Control Systems Engineer, Huddersfield
Who are we?
Syngenta is one of the world’s leading agriculture companies. Our ambition is to help safely feed the world while taking care of the planet. We aim to improve the sustainability, quality and safety of agriculture with world class science and innovative crop solutions. Our technologies enable millions of farmers around the world to make better use of limited agricultural resources. With 28,000 people in more than 90 countries we are working to transform how crops are grown. Through partnerships, collaboration and The Good Growth Plan we are committed to improving farm productivity, rescuing land from degradation, enhancing biodiversity and revitalizing rural communities.
We are now recruiting a Control Systems Engineer to work in our Huddersfield Manufacturing Centre (HMC). The Control Systems Engineers play a pivotal role by providing software and hardware support for our PCS 7 AND Allan Bradley systems on site.
Responsibilities of the role include, but not limited to:
o Fault identification and interface to Engineering & T&P.
o Ensure the processes are optimised by improvements to the software implemented.
o Ensure all changes are controlled and corporate/legal requirements in the software area are addressed.
Our Control Systems Engineers work with design office EDO project disciplines, Term Contract personnel and HMC’s staff to deliver capital & revenue projects safely, on time, on budget, and as per design intent. and safety They also provide essential day to day support for our plant control systems.
You will be a great fit with the following knowledge:
- Minimum HNC in an appropriate technical discipline.
- Understand HSEQ Standards & requirements and their application, through safe systems of work, to facilitate working on a Top Tier COMAH site.
- An in-depth knowledge of the relevant engineering systems, equipment & procedures.
- Process Control & Protection.
- Control Engineering experience using industry standard systems (Siemens PCS7/Allen Bradley control systems preferred but not essential).
- Experience of industrial networks such as Profibus, Profinet, EthernetI/P and ControlNet
- Ability to translate Process Engineering requirements into software code.
- Deliver and maintain appropriate documentation for assigned projects.
- Participates in defining engineering approaches, and in planning and scheduling work.
- Aptitude to develop, follow & continuously improve guidelines, procedures and processes.
- Ability to liaise with technical staff at all levels and across all functional areas.
- High Standards of work with attention to detail.
- Strong organisational skills with ability to plan, schedule and co-ordinate work.
- Demonstrate capability to work effectively on their own or within a cross functional team.
- Be a self-starter and have a pro-active approach.
- Effective communication at all levels with good interpersonal skills.
- Good at problem solving.
Apply today via our website here - https://www.syngenta.com/careers with your CV and a cover note
Our process includes:
What we can offer:
- Recruiter telephone Screen
- Panel Interview process via zoom
- Potential Site Tour
- Full time role based in Huddersfield
- Competitive salary and benefits scheme
- 31.5 days annual holidays
- The chance to work in an exciting and essential industry in a challenging but rewarding role
Syngenta is committed to achieving workforce diversity and creating an inclusive working environment. We welcome all applications irrespective of social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation or religious belief.