- Locations: London and Manchester
- Salary: £27,500 + benefits
- You must have the right to work in the UK (and be able to evidence it) for your application to be successful
- Cohort size: 30
- Training starts: Tuesday 11th January 2022 - your availability is required - please only apply if you are available full-time from the start of training
About the role:
Today, more than ever, organisations need to operate and compete at an unprecedented speed and scale as industries are reshaping beneath them. Cloud is the most disruptive and value-creating technology of our time — it is the foundation for the digital transformation that is driving profound changes in how businesses operate, compete, and create value for all their stakeholders. Our cloud programme provides individuals the opportunity to become certified Amazon Web Services cloud engineers.
Once you have completed your training through our Academy you will become a Digital Futures employee and from there you will be placed as a consultant with one of our industry partners.
- Work with our industry partners on their Cloud Adoption projects
- Apply skills you’ve learned about the AWS Cloud during the immersive training
- Demonstrate your understanding of client requirements and translate them into technical solutions that have long term benefits to the business
- Troubleshoot problems that may occur and follow Cloud best practise in order to get your solution running securely
- Collaborate with the teams around the business and be able to present the benefits of Cloud technologies to them
You will continue to benefit from ongoing training, support and mentoring from the Digital Futures team. We will assess your progress continuously to ensure you are developing at the right pace. At the end of your development journey in our Academy, you will be perfectly set-up for a brilliant future in Cloud engineering.
Join us and start your Digital Future today.
Your journey with us:
Your journey with Digital Futures starts with our immersive training, during which our team of expert trainers will help you learn essential technical and professional skills to prepare you for today’s workplace. Our training is delivered online, with one-to-one mentoring and plenty of opportunities to collaborate with your peers. Our mission is to create a workforce in tech that is representative of society, and our commitment to diversity within the cohorts in the academy are a true reflection of this.
On completing the course, we will give you the opportunity to take up a full-time employment contract with Digital Futures, which you will spend working in high-performing teams at some of the world’s most innovative companies. Following the 12-week training period Digital Futures engineers will be supported by a 2-year continuous learning programme aligned to AWS Academy certifications. All your training and exams from foundation level, associate level and right through to professional level are provided through the AWS academy and you will be supported by Digital Futures every step of the way.
If you are unsure about applying, or want to find out more about Digital Futures, our Academy or cloud engineering as a pathway for you, please join one of the introductory workshops that we’ll be holding during the application window. All the details of how to join can be found on the application page.
Our immersive training:
Over the course of our programme individuals will be trained in each of the core cloud disciplines across developing, architecting and system operations gaining comprehensive experience in all aspects of the Amazon Cloud platform.
At the completion of the course, you will be equipped with exact skills to support complex cloud migration and transformation programmes.
- AWS Cloud Practitioner which covers Cloud Foundations as well as an introduction to the AWS Cloud
- AWS Solution Architecture associate-level course and exam gives you the skills to design Cloud solutions
- AWS SysOps associate-level course focuses on day-to-day Cloud operations skills
- AWS Developer associate level course gives you application-level support skills including DevOps
- You’ll also be learning Cloud engineer must-haves such as Python, Infrastructure-as-Code and DevOps technologies
Training is underpinned by a professional skills curriculum designed to ensure that all our engineers are workplace ready once they have completed their technical training. Professional skills training is comprised of six key modules:
- Mental wellbeing
- Effective communication
- Job readiness
- Diversity and inclusion
- Interview skills
- Networking and personal brand
What are we looking for?
Our cloud engineers come primarily from a STEM background, but you don’t need any previous education or experience in tech or cloud to join our Academy. We actively encourage applications from non-traditional backgrounds if you can demonstrate the following characteristics:
- Genuine interest in technology and how it can help the world
- Self-starting and motivated by personal development
- Intellectually curious with strong problem-solving skills
- Team player and collaborative in nature
- Delivery mindset with the ability to get things done
- Truly motivated by the first step in a career in tech
If this sounds like you, we would love to hear from you.
Why join Digital Futures?
Digital Futures is a UK technology services and training organisation created by an experienced team, to help people like you get into tech. We will give you the skills and the opportunity to work with some amazing companies across a variety of industry sectors.
It doesn’t matter what you studied at school or university – if you are interested in a rewarding career in the exciting tech industry, we are here to help. We select and assess applicants based on their ability to demonstrate the critical attributes needed for a successful career in tech, with no minimum education or experience required.
We don’t simply talk about being an equal opportunities employer, we mean it. Our successful candidates come from varied backgrounds, and we strongly promote diversity and equal opportunities within the tech sector. We partner with industry-leading and equally minded organisations and universities who support our mission and are aligned to our purpose.
Expected start date: 11/01/2022
Expected start date: 11/01/2022
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: From £27,500.00 per year
- Company pension
- Referral programme
- Store discounts
- Wellness programmes