We’re Sky, Europe’s biggest entertainment brand. Think top-quality shows. Breaking news. Innovative tech. Must-have products. Careers here mean the freedom and support you need to make an impact – pushing boundaries, creating solutions, hitting targets. And as part of our close-knit team, you’ll enjoy plenty of benefits. Plus, experiences you’ll only find at Sky.
“We are leading the way in many areas of data, from delivering business critical reporting, to providing an essential analytics platform to an elite team of data scientists and analysts. Our solutions are essential to hundreds of users, providing key insights on Sky’s customers, products and viewing content and a whole lot more. Delivering innovative solutions for new products and initiatives is what we do, every single day. We are the team responsible for bringing together thousands of data feeds from hundreds of systems, into our state-of-the-art cloud platform” – SNR Data Engineering Manager – Michelle Rhodie
Do you want to be part of a team that is pushing aside boundaries and bursting out into the Cloud? If you thrive in an environment where no two days are the same, want to influence, create and work with exciting cutting-edge technologies, then this role could be for you.
Data, Technology & Analytics (DTA) at Sky is on a mission to bring customers more of what they love by unlocking the power of data and make Sky more relevant. We are working with the rest of Sky to create innovative data products that are going to change Sky and bring value to our customers.
Sky Q, a generous pension and private health care. Access to over 12,000 LinkedIn Learning courses to support your development. And if that’s not enough, our Scotland offices have a subsidised canteen, free shuttle bus service, on-site gym and much more.
– Deliver innovative technical solutions that will meet the business requirements of our stakeholders. This will entail analysing, developing, testing and deploying the appropriate solution through the full development lifecycle
– Produce deliverables that follow the development standards and principles, on time
– Produce a detailed breakdown of development tasks on projects
– Adhere to the end to end change process and apply necessary rigour in a timely manner
– Collaborate extensively within the DTA and provide technical & domain input
– Assist with the mentoring of associate engineers and colleagues during the project lifecycle
– Comprehensive Cloud migration experience
– In depth understanding of large scale data, such as data warehouses and their best practice and principles of managing them
– Experience of integration projects on large-scale environments
– ETL technical design, development and support
– Excellent SQL skills and understanding of RDMS
– Netezza would be an advantage
– Unix scripting
– Experience with ETL tools, preferably Ab-Initio or Informatica, but not essential
– Programming experience with Python, Java or Spark would be desirable, but not essential
– Demonstrates exceptional communication and interpersonal skills and has a proven ability to influence technical decisions in a fast-moving commercial environment.
– Experience of SOA and services-based data solutions, would be advantageous
So, what are you waiting for? Apply now for a chance to forge your own career path and be brilliant as part of a bright, talented team.
Just so you know: if your application is successful, your appointment will be subject to receiving a positive outcome from your criminal record check.
We’re happy to discuss flexible working.
It’s our people that make Sky Europe’s leading entertainment company. That’s why we work hard to be an inclusive employer, so everyone at Sky can be their best.
A job you love to talk about