Tibus is a company full of talented, dedicated and creative people. We are an ambitious and ever-growing organisation with a passion for technology, the Internet and customer service. Owned by Wireless, we provide hosting, streaming and digital infrastructure services to more than 4,500 public and private sector clients in the UK and Ireland.
The opportunity. We are creating an AWS team in Tibus. This is a unique opportunity to help establish a brand-new team within a long-established hosting provider. You will help shape this and drive this team, as well as use your own AWS skills to provide those services to our clients on a daily basis.
Our AWS Engineer needs to be a dynamic and enthusiastic cloud and infrastructure specialists who enjoys working with both customers and internal staff. Committed to maintaining our high standards, while managing the pressures and tight deadlines of our fast-paced workplace. That means spotting problems or opportunities and acting upon them independently, finding solutions to technical problems and escalating issues when appropriate.
Day to day you will:
What we’re looking for from you:
- Be a solid team player and superb communicator who can deliver excellence in both project and support work
- Provide Cloud and DevOps consulting services, including technical presales, scoping, architecture, design, build and deployment of engineering solutions
- Liaise with customers to enhance current systems, plan and deliver projects, and implement new solutions
- Development innovative solutions in the cloud
- Deliver cloud migration projects
- Support development teams with DevOps technologies (CI/CD pipelines, config management, etc.)
- Analyse, design and document the infrastructure design in line with Tibus and its customer processes and procedures
- Work with Third Parties to install and configure software, producing appropriate documentation that meets defined standards
- Design and document operational guides and support processes
Are you an experienced AWS Cloud Engineer who is seeking career progression to senior technical or management-level responsibilities, but also enjoys and wants to retain hands-on IT delivery and problem-solving duties? If so, the AWS Engineer role at Tibus is ideally suited to you.
Applicants should have recent, relevant experience across each of our 5 key design pillars - Security, Cost Optimisation, Operational Excellence, Reliability and Performance efficiency; a strong grasp of AWS cloud, web hosting and associated technologies, plus an awareness of current and emerging industry trends.
For the right person, this job represents an exceptional opportunity to join a successful company in a growth sector; and be a key player in steering its future.
The Company is an equal opportunities employer and wholeheartedly supports the principle of equal opportunities for all its employees and for all applicants for employment. It opposes all forms of discrimination in the workplace.
We are a diverse team so want to maximise every individual’s potential to create a productive environment where everyone feels valued, and where talents are fully recognised and utilised.
This means affording equal access to any employment opportunities within the Company according to your ability, without prejudice or discrimination by reason of race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion, belief, gender, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital status, disability or age.