Computer Science Honours degree (2:1 or better) or postgraduate study (in lieu of degree, relevant skills and equivalent experience).
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related technical discipline (or equivalent experience).
- Significant professional front end development experience.
- Skilled with common front-end technologies such as HTML, CSS, JS, TypeScript, and Node
- Deep experience in one or more relevant front-end frameworks such as React, Angular, Thyme Leaf, JQuery, etc.
- Ability to rapidly prototype and adjust in response to customer feedback
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Solid coding practices including peer code reviews, unit testing, and a preference for agile development.
We are looking for looking for a Front End Engineer to join the Sizmek by Amazon applications team. We are a passionate team working to build best-in-class solutions for our advertising products
You will work as part of an Agile team at our development centre in Edinburgh, Scotland, launching and growing new initiatives for Amazon's global websites. Your team will own the business, technology and operations, giving you the responsibility and authority to ensure success. You will be involved in every aspect of the process - from idea generation, business analysis and technical design through to software development across a variety of technologies. Your systems will meet remarkably high standards of performance and reliability, and will operate at massive scale, 24x7.
The position offers exceptional opportunities for every candidate to grow their technical and non-technical skills. If you are selected, you have the opportunity to really make a difference to our business by inventing, enhancing and building world class websites and systems, delivering results, working on exciting and challenging projects.
- Experience building reusable UX components or libraries
- Strong UX design skills
- Experience building scalable, distributed, front-end experiences
- Agile methods
- Results oriented with a strong customer and business focus
- Highly innovative, flexible and self-directed, but also a cooperative team player
- Ability to communicate and discuss technical topics with both technical and business audiences
- Ability to deal well with ambiguous and undefined problems
- Able to thrive in a challenging and dynamic environment
In return, we offer a highly competitive salary, and other excellent benefits including healthcare. This is your opportunity to develop a rewarding career in a unique, passionate and international environment, work hard, have fun and make history!
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills.
All offers are conditional on references, verification of the right to work in the UK, and a successful background screening check. This check will include previous employment verification, qualification verification (if relevant) and a basic criminal check. Further details of this policy and procedure will be sent to you along with your conditional offer.