Every time you pick up the phone, surf the Internet, travel on a motorway, catch a train, bus or tube, or even dial 999; chances are telent have enabled the technology to make this happen.
We'd be delighted to hear from you if you have the following experience:
The successful candidate will be responsible for carrying out Maintenance/Installation of Highways England Technology equipment, e.g ERT, CCTV, EMS, Gantry signals, Inductive loops etc.
Business Operations Skills " Experience:
- Testing and Commissioning of Traffic Sign/Signal Equipment and associated products.
- Reporting to the RTMC Project Manager the installation engineer and support in the delivery of additional works to support the RTMC Contracts.
- Work will vary and include installation of equipment, cable inspection termination and testing
- Electrical 5 yearly tests and annual PIs.
- Equipment installation.
- Project Scoping surveys/reports.
- Site supervision.
- Supervision of subcontractors.
Business Operations Skills " Qualifications:
- Knowledge of HA practices, understanding of MCX drawings, experience installing HA equipment. Experience working in HA environment.
- Knowledge of H&S risks and safe working practices associated with working on HA network.
- Just have strong communication skills. Ability to manage teams and deal directly with customers, stakeholders and third parties. Positive proactive approach required. Adaptability and flexibility required.
- Cable termination and testing.
- IOSH Working Safely.
- ECS Card.
- Must have a valid UK licence and be willing to travel
- Technical qualifications or background.
- Experience of working in motorway communications industry.
- PC literate/IT proficient
- Electrical background, ideally 18th edition or equivalent
- G39 or experience working near live power
- Will ensure that all work undertaken is done in accordance with telent's Health & Safety / environmental processes and Contract EH&S documentation
- Will comply with National Highways Sector Scheme 8 and hold valid ECS Card
- Will undertake high speed traffic training and comply with Chapter 8 requirements whilst working on the network.
- Will report any Health & Safety issues to the Service Delivery Manager and through the telsafe process
- Will attend all EH&S training inductions, drug and alcohol testing as required by telent, the HE and ASC and Scheme Contractors
- Will complete CBQ/NVQ in line with NHSS8 requirements
- Will display/demonstrate positive behaviours to develop and promote a strong safety culture
- Responsible for advising Line Manager of anything that could affect safety at work (i.e. stress, medication - prescription or non-prescription, personal issues)
- Challenge unsafe behaviours of others and reporting to Line Manager
- Provide support as required on the review of safe systems of work
- Complete dynamic risk assessments for work activities and be proactive in managing safety at all times
- Comply with all management instructions relating to safety and raising any concerns
telent is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to diversity and inclusion.