We are now recruiting for a Resident Gas Engineer based at South Midlands Mail Centre (NN4 9DR)
Job reference number 110873
Royal Mail Property & Facilities Solutions is responsible for upgrading and safely maintaining one of the largest corporate real estates and property portfolios in Europe, with over 2,600 sites.
We pride ourselves in working to the highest standards of both technical assurance and customer service. It’s our job to support Royal Mail in being the best delivery company in the UK and that it is fit for delivering to 29 million addresses nationwide, six days a week.
Through our core delivery pillars of Real Estate & Value Generation, Property Programmes & Projects, and Workplace Services, Royal Mail Property & Facilities Solutions plays a key role in keeping the mail moving.
Royal Mail Property & Facilities Solutions employs 3000 employees and is owned by Royal Mail Group Ltd.
Royal Mail Property & Facilities Solutions are looking for a Gas Engineer to join our Facilities Maintenance Team
Salary - £35,818.74 per annum
37.5 hours per week Full time. Typical attendance will be 8am until 4pm Monday to Friday.
The successful applicant may be required to join an out of hour’s callout rota
We are looking to offer Permanent contracts
What does Excellence look like in this role?
In this role, the technician will be expected to have excellent technical knowledge of electrical systems, mechanical power and control wiring and test inspection of electrical installations. Perform routine maintenance checks in relation to Gas and Hot and Cold Water systems. The Engineer will be expected to work on multiple FM systems. The engineer will need a flexible approach to work and be willing to travel to different sites within a specified geographical area, with the possibility to stay away from home on occasions. A vehicle will be provided for required travel. The technician will have excellent communication skills and be able to discuss work and progress with customers and managers. They will also have excellent organisational skills.
Who will this role work with to achieve excellence?
The engineer will report directly into the Area Manager and will work with customers on site, other engineers and sub-contractors on a daily basis.
What needs to be done in this role to achieve this?
- Analyse and understanding of complex technical issues in relation to gas and electrical maintenance.
- Maintenance of electrical/mechanical systems on numerous commercial sites
- Have an understanding of all basic plumbing tasks such as replacing taps, sinks, cistern filling / flush units and heating elements
- Expert fault finding and providing advice and guidance to customers in relation to equipment such as powered doors, dock leveller and barriers
- Supply knowledge in a range of technical situations, making personal judgments on how to undertake work to achieve quality, cost and time objectives
- Provide technical advice and guidance to other staff and customers in order to resolve problems.
- Manage the delivery of Corrective and Planned Maintenance to meet the performance measures detailed in the contract.
- A requirement to be a point of call for any issues / problems the team of engineers may be experiencing.
- Liaise with customers’ representatives on a day to day basis to ensure customer requirements are fully met.
- Check and ensure all appropriate and approved paperwork is completed.
- Make personal judgments on how to undertake work to achieve cost, quality and contractual objectives
- Act as a role model for safety, setting an example to colleagues and customers
- Manage the relationship with the customer, and liaise with customers to ensure that the customer is fully informed and project a positive professional image of self and Royal Mail P&FS.
What technical knowledge, skills and experience is required?
- Must hold a Commercial gas qualification/certification either COCN1 or CODNCO1
- You must be a Gas Safe Registered engineer
- Applicants will ideally be qualified and accredited by Gas Safe in commercial gas modules to include CKR1, CMET, CEN1 and CIGA1.
- Experience maintaining Gas equipment / pipe work and hot and cold water systems
- Successful applicants must hold an Electrical certification such as the 18th edition
- The role holder must have planned maintenance experience of electrical and mechanical systems
- Experience in fault finding and diagnosis with the ability to provide advice and guidance to others across all systems where required.
- The ability to communicate effectively with customers, explaining technical issues.
- The ability to analyse and understand complex technical issues in relation to electrical systems
- Ideally you will be IPAF and MEWP trained and qualified, and be comfortable working at heights.
- Experience of dealing with Customers in a commercial environment.
- Applicants must hold a valid full UK driving licence (minimum CAT B entitlement) no endorsements preferable.
- Computer literacy skills an advantage
What behaviours and personal competence is needed?
- Acts as a role model for safety, setting positive examples to peers
- Keeps customers informed on progress and outcomes
- Willing to share expertise and knowledge
- Committed to personal development
- Strives to deliver beyond expectations
- Remains calm under pressure
For more information on Royal Mail Group and our Values please click on the link (http://www.royalmailgroup.com/our-people).