Amey Consulting are working on various intricate and challenging Rail design projects throughout the UK, including Wales and Borders, TRU, Midland Mainline, and Crossrail. The railway sector has always been one of our core sectors and because of our success in building and maintaining the railway, Amey Consulting has become an industry leader in Rail Design consultancy services. With a growing team of 350+ staff, working across our 12 Rail design offices across the UK we are continuing to add to our already extensive and impressive list of project awards. We also support people in their need to work flexibly, to fit around any lifestyle need.
Due to increased workload we are seeking to recruit an Assistant Systems (Telecoms) Engineer. The successful candidate will undertake Telecoms design, working within a Telecoms engineering team. In addition, they will manage elements of a Telecoms project.
This role will offer the opportunity for the right candidate to innovate and use the latest technology to develop themselves and the projects they work on. We are continuously working hard to collaborate with clients and sub-contracts to ensure we are successful in the objective of improving the world we live in.
In a typical week you will:
Carry out site surveys and providing appropriate reporting
We want to hear from you if you have:
- Carry out design and assessment work for electrical power/telecoms elements of projects with minimal supervision
- Keep up to date with current FTN, NR, RSSB and British standards relevant Telecoms design
- Prepare design and assessment reports
- Produce mark ups and sketches for CAD technicians
- Communicate effectively with other design/construction disciplines and sub-contractors
Qualification in relevant technical discipline (Level 3 or higher) to satisfy the current entry requirements for EngTech
- Achieved or working towards IRSE Assistant Telecoms Designer license
- Experience with Operational Telecommunications, Station information and Security Systems (SISS) and SCADA Telecoms
- An understanding of the requirements of the UK Spec for IEng/CEng qualification
- The ability to use Bentley products (MicroStation and ProjectWise)
- Knowledge of interfaces between electrical power/telecoms engineering and other railway disciplines and how these are managed
- The ability to ensure and prioritise the safety of yourself, colleagues, the public and the environment
At Amey Consulting you have a unique opportunity to bring truly ground-breaking work to life by working alongside market-leading consultants in a practical infrastructure environment.
You will be surrounded by a team of people who want you to grow and embrace new challenges, who also care about your job satisfaction and well-being.
You’ll be stretched but always supported to bring out the better in you and to create better places for everyone.
We believe that we are what we do.
It’s more than just wanting to do better.
At Amey we’re proud to be the better.