Position at Creative Assembly
Our world-class Total War team are seeking a Graduate Programmer for a unique development opportunity to join us for a one-year placement.
During your time with us, you will be mentored by our senior programmers to work on areas of game development within our Total War games. This will involve working with design, art and code to find the best solutions.
As a Graduate Programmer, you will be mentored by our senior developers as you work on our projects. Your mentor will assist you in acquiring the necessary knowledge, so you can develop your programming skills to their full potential. Your mentor will also review your changes and advise you on changes until they are up to the high standards that we set for our work.
You will be expected to write clean, well-commented and re-usable code, adhering to the company’s high-quality programming standards and development process. As you become more accomplished in your area of development, your mentor will lead you to becoming involved in the planning process and you will have the chance to add useful ideas to the work and make a real difference for our players.
Knowledge, Skill and Experience
A good BSc or equivalent in a relevant subject such as maths, computer science or engineering
Ability to programme in C++ to a good standard
Good problem solving skills
Ability to clearly communicate and work across the team
Attention to detail and a passion for quality in your work
Passion for games and awareness of RTS titles
A portfolio of hobby and/or academic projects (not necessarily games related) or some professional experience (not necessarily games related)
The traineeship will be for one year onsite at our studio in Horsham, West Sussex.
These traineeships are paid placements and all applicants must have the Right to Work in the UK.
We are Creative Assembly
We gather the greatest talent out there, coming together to craft authentic and detailed experiences of the highest quality.
We focus on our strengths and embrace our uniqueness, collaborating across teams and giving everyone the trust and respect to be masters of their craft.
Our values form the foundation of our culture and ethos:
- Everything we do is about quality, from individual actions to final products, we take pride in the detail and authenticity of all our creations.
- We focus on our strengths as a studio. Our teams might work across different projects, but our goals and vision should be clear for everyone.
- We are a collective who thrive working across teams, empowering each other to succeed.
- Respect at CA is given as a default, we respect each other as diverse and unique individuals, who come together to create games our fans will love.
- Alongside respect, we trust each other, our teams and our leaders as experts of their craft. Everyone is given creative autonomy and freedom to make a real contribution to our projects and our legacy.
Our studio sites have disabled access. We are an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.