What you will do
Put your HVAC skills to use to troubleshoot and identify root cause of HVAC equipment and operation alarms via direct access to customers BMS/HVAC systems. Remotely operate customer sites and Central Utility Plants. Monitor HVAC system performance and monitors dire, security and building automation alarms from a remote center. Follows protocols to escalate alarm events to appropriate dispatch or emergency resource. Ensures high levels of satisfaction throughout interactions with the customer.
How you will do it
- Troubleshoots and monitors mechanical and air handling systems through remote devices.
- Responds to alarms per department procedures and protocols.
- Escalates alarm events to appropriate dispatch or emergency resource.
- Documents events thoroughly utilising appropriate software and system tools.
- Maintains customer site logs.
- Reporting on critical alarm statuses, providing root cause analyse and corrective action.
- Create, review and analyse energy dashboards for water, gas and energy and providing improvement and efficiency plans.
- Provide remote support to HVAC/BMS field-based technicians.
- Utilise strong HVAC/BMS knowledge to identify system deficiencies and provide recommendations on improvements, including attending onsite client meetings.
- Remotely diagnosing system problems, providing correcting action and remote support for attending engineers.
- Remote maintenance of sequel server databases.
- Remote operation of system including set point adjustments, system configuration, health checks, user management, system upload/download and heartbeat reporting.
- Ensures documentation is complete and understandable.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
What we look for
- High school diploma or equivalent plus three or more years’ experience with HVAC and mechanical systems required.
- Possesses analytical and troubleshooting skills.
- Requires attention to detail and ability to work independently.
- Demonstrates proficient oral and written communication skills and must be able to multi task efficiently.
- Demonstrates customer service orientation.
- Able to fulfil various security and background check obligations as required for customer contracts or local licensure.
- Two year technical degree in HVAC or related discipline along with field experience highly desired.