Are you looking for an exciting opportunity working for a Global Technology Leader?
At Aviat Networks we take great pride in hiring a workforce that is committed to supporting and strengthening our values and attributes. If you’re results oriented, customer centric, and an innovative thinker who also takes pride in personal and professional integrity, Aviat Networks is the ideal next step in your career. We are looking for people who love to solve problems, enjoy change and know how to have fun! Come join us as we bring communications to the world.
We currently have an immediate need for a Linux & Security Engineer.
Successful candidate will be the Global IT Team subject matter expert for all things Linux server and IT security related, providing 2nd level and escalation IT support for Linux infrastructure and IT Client and Server Security in Aviat globally. He/she will be backed up by the other members of the Global IT Team and will be assisted with 1st line issues by our external Helpdesk provider.
- Support and maintenance of Oracle ERP database and application servers running Red Hat Enterprise Linux and Oracle Enterprise Linux
- Support and maintenance of engineering and IT Linux servers running Red Hat Enterprise Linux, CentOS and Ubuntu
- Provide guidance to Global IT Client Services in deployment and maintenance of Linux based workstations
- Lead IT client and infrastructure security initiatives in accordance with industry best practices
- Other Db and Application support
- Resolving issues in HW/SW
- Installations and set-up
- Provide additional support for Linux, Windows, VMware and other IT systems as needed
- Bachelor’s Degree in IT, SW or Electrical Engineering or relevant work experience
- Oracle Enterprise Linux and OVM knowledge required
- Fiber Channel LUN with NetApp Snap drive and LVM
- NFS over 10G Ethernet optimization
- Gold standard image configuration
- Penetration testing
- Infrastructure security for complex network systems
- Experience with computers, systems, and network configuration (Linux server/client, Windows server/client, VMWare, Cisco)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Self-directed and highly motivated
- Ability to work with others in a team environment
- Experience in systems automation, integration, setup and testing of complex multi-product systems
- Strong trouble-shooting and problem-solving skills
- RedHat 7 certification
- CISSP, Security+, GIAC certifications a plus
By submitting your application, you acknowledge that you have read and understood Aviat Networks Candidate Privacy Notice. EOE/Minorities/Women/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans
Aviat Networks offers a competitive benefits package. Apply NOW to learn more!