At Amey Consulting, our team of consultants, engineers and designers deliver forward thinking solutions for many of the world’s biggest asset owners, creating longer lasting, harder working, better performing and more sustainable assets and transforming the places where we live, work and travel.
Our Glasgow and Edinburgh design hubs provide a unique opportunity to be involved in a range of schemes from inception through to completion. We deliver projects right across Scotland and further afield from bridge inspections to the design, supervision and maintenance of nationally significant road schemes.
Due to growth across the Scotland region we are looking to recruit Trainee Engineers to join our multi-disciplined team. You will assist the engineering team with the production of technically sound design solutions, including all associated reporting and administration.
In a typical week you will:
We want to hear from you if you have:
- Assist engineers with inspection work, feasibility studies, report preparation and cost estimating.
- Quality assurance and contract preparation.
- Preparing and assisting with drawing production.
- Collate technical documentation and reports.
- Maintain high technical standards, consistent with the project brief under direction from the engineer.
- Assist the network team with site supervision duties when required.
- Comply with relevant health, safety and environmental legislation – particularly CDM administration.
- Maintain a strong, focussed client relationship.
- Good level of secondary education
- Excellent IT skills to include Microsoft Office suite.
- An understanding of Health & Safety.
- Ability to communicate at all levels throughout the business and externally to clients.
- An appreciation of AutoCAD and/or other engineering design related package would be a distinct advantage.
At Amey Consulting you have a unique opportunity to bring truly ground-breaking work to life by working alongside market-leading consultants in a practical infrastructure environment.
You’ll work in a team that is open minded and where every idea will count. You’ll be stretched, but always supported. We’ll recognise your hard work and look after your well-being too.
You’ll be empowered to play your part and achieve, encouraged to fulfil your own ambition as well as the shared one.
From complexity comes simplicity.
From better thinking, better solutions