We are looking for a Software Engineer for our location in Burgess Hill.
Your main tasks are:
Embedded software design and development in C++.
Develop base infrastructure code to production delivery standards.
Work with hardware accelerators and video codecs in multicore Arm System-on-Chip.
Support optimisation of algorithms on embedded platform.
Work as part of an Agile SW development team in Burgess Hill, also in co-operation with algorithm development team in the location.
Participate in software design and architecture.
Embedded software implementation.
Participate in peer software code review.
Interact with other Conti teams as directed by their team leader
Interact with OEM teams as directed by their team leader.
Take responsibility for the implementation and the quality of your SW components.
Ensure the quality of their work by engineer level testing and cooperation with the test teams.
Report on status to management.
Contribute to short and long term planning of development
Highlight any risks / issues early to team leader
What we offer:
- Education: Degree level (or equivalent) Computer Science, Electronics, Maths or Physics.
- Professional Experience: At least three years experience of embedded software development.
- Project Experience: Ideally automotive S/W development experience.
- C / C++ programming.
- Embedded Linux and Multi-core development experience.
- Embedded S/W development (ICE, JTAG etc).
- Knowledge of RTOS, memory management and HW bring-up an advantage
- Knowledge of video encoders/decoders for JPEG/H.264 an advantage
- Knowledge of Ethernet in automotive environment an advantage.
- Experienced working with version control systems.
- Makefile systems (make, CMake).
- Electronics hardware knowledge an advantage.
- Ideally has experience of working in a multi-site, multi-country organisation.
- Fluent English language skills, German an advantage but not essential.
Pension Scheme, Private Healthcare, Performance related Bonus, Flexible working, Xmas shutdown, Employee discounts on Continental tyres and other products, Ongoing training, Excellent personal development and learning opportunities.
Salary (depending on skills and experience):
£40,000 - £48,000 per annum
Closing date for applications:
10 March 2020