Up to £50,000 DOE + bonus potential + private health insurance
This is a full time, permanent opportunity, but we are always open to discuss individual’s flexible working needs so please speak to us during the recruitment process to understand what this could look like for you.
We are looking for an experienced Digital Engineer to join our team in Bromborough. Reporting into the Manufacturing Excellence Manager, you will play a key role in delivering the sites Digital Manufacturing Operations (DMO) plan and moving the factory from manual data entry through to automated data platforms.
At Cereal Partners UK, we have established ourselves as one of the largest cereal manufacturers in the UK, making many well-loved brands with a long heritage. Cereal Partners UK is a powerful alliance between Nestlé and General Mills, producing some of the biggest names in breakfast cereals. As a bright, forward thinking company, we are always striving for a new way to develop and market better products, helping to enhance the lifestyle of consumers and stay on top in the highly competitive cereal aisle.
A day in the life of...
As a Digital Engineer you will be responsible for providing digital platforms and Automation support to the Bromborough factory, ensuring that all activities enhance business objectives, product quality and plant performance/operations.
Other key day to day activities will be:
- Driving the roll-out of digital platforms and initiatives within Bromborough by developing a detailed plan and executing to agreed timelines
- Develop use of the digital tools to maximise factory performance, safety and quality - by improving data accuracy and user interaction.
- Develop training materials and deliver training to superusers and end-users as part of roll-out plans to ensure vertical start-up of initiatives
- Provide effective and enthusiastic support on digital platforms to the Bromborough Operations and Engineering teams as required
- Lead a continuous improvement/employee engagement culture. Liaise with support departments and use their resources to make necessary changes.
What will make you successful
To be successful in this key role we expect you to ideally have experience working in a manufacturing environment and have strong service orientation amongst internal stakeholders with lots of proactive initiative and attention to detail.
Other key attributes we are looking for are:
- HNC/Degree in appropriate technical discipline (Electrical, Electronic, Automation).
- Detailed knowledge of PC, PLC, Database and SCADA systems.
- Proven experience in PLC/HMI programming.
- Software development, including MES, Automation, HMI screen design, database design.
- Previous experience delivering on industry 4.0 projects
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work on own initiative and lead projects
- TPM or Lean Manufacturing experience is desirable.
What you need to know
What can we offer in return? Great benefits you’d expect from a business the size of CPW – in the shape of a competitive salary and benefits package, bonus scheme, flexible working scheme, 25 days holiday plus statutory holidays plus flex leave, pension scheme and a real focus on personal development and growth.
The closing date for this role is 12/03/2021
We will be considering candidates as they apply and we will occasionally close job advertisements early in the event we receive sufficient applicants, so please don’t delay in submitting your application.
At CPW, our values are rooted in respect – for our employees, our customers and our consumers. That’s why championing diversity and inclusion is so important to us; when we embrace different perspectives and give everyone the chance to be the best they can be, we can think in new, creative ways that grow and enhance our business. We are committed to equal opportunity for all and we may collect relevant data for monitoring purposes during our candidate registration process. Be yourself, everyone else is taken!
Right to work in the UK
In accordance with Home Office guidance successful candidates will be required to evidence their right to work in the UK before commencement of employment. We have assessed this role and it would be applicable for sponsorship under the Skilled Worker route. Financial support could be available from Nestlé to assist with the immigration fees associated with the Skilled Worker route. We encourage you to review the UK Home Office guidelines ahead of submitting a job application to review whether you meet the eligibility criteria under the Skilled Worker route. If you require sponsorship, please discuss this with us as part of the recruitment process.