Do you aspire to become a Chartered Engineer working for a fast-growing consultancy whose client include the worlds’ most recognisable Food, Beverage and Pharmaceutical manufacturers?
Right now, we are looking for the next generation of talent to join our growing company and become part of the team in our Burton-on Trent office.
Lorien Engineering provides engineering design, consultancy, project management and safety compliance services for engineering projects undertaken by manufacturing companies across the Food, Drink (including Brewing), Life Sciences, and Advanced Technology sectors. Our head-office is in Burton on Trent in Staffordshire. In addition to our office in Poland, we are also currently expanding into other international territories.
Lorien Engineering are part of GP Strategies Corp., a global organisation delivering performance change to its customers through technical leadership, engineering projects and people development. We are an ISO9001 company, with tried and tested processes for ensuring the highest levels of quality and conformance.
We are currently recruiting ambitious graduate Chemical engineers to join our engineering team within Burton on Trent. Our Graduate Scheme consists of structured training and development working on project assignments alongside our industry experts. The scheme is accredited by the Professional Engineering Institutions.
What Will You Do?
Following an initial induction period, you will undertake your first project assignments playing a key-role in a project team. You will work alongside engineers from other disciplines and in partnership with our clients, gaining experience of all aspects of delivering engineering projects.
You will participate in the following activities:
- Feasibility studies
- Generation of concept designs
- Development of engineering designs specifications
- Supplier selection and evaluation
- Co-ordination of system-wide design
- Management of site construction and equipment installations
- Site commissioning
- Ensuring legislative compliance
You will be engaged in all activities of the project lifecycle from initial concept to final completion of a manufacturing facility or process.
In so doing you will be exposed to industry best practice in hygienic facility design and manufacturing operations. Our projects are both in the UK and overseas.
Do You Have?
A Chemical or related Engineering degree (MSc or MEng). A year in industry (industrial placement) would be an advantage.
- We also consider graduates with Bachelor’s degrees who have had 1 or 2 years post-graduation experience in industry (additional qualifications may be needed to achieve chartered status)
- Demonstrable ability to understand complex technical problems and develop innovative solutions
- Flexibility to travel within UK & International
- A professional business approach with excellent interpersonal and team working skills
We reward our employees with a generous and competitive remuneration package, also ensuring that we support, mentor, and nurture our graduates, enabling them to achieve Chartered Engineering status at their own pace, but within an overall reduced duration.