In addition to the Job Objectives as set out in the Roles and Responsibilities Matrix, the Wireless Engineer will support best in class telecoms engineering infrastructure and technical services to customers and end clients through teams with competent and qualitative skillsets.
Principal Accountabilities / Objectives:
The Wireless Engineer is responsible for effective duties as set out below. The Wireless Engineer will be expected to provide Field Deployment & First Line Maintenance support to a varied customer base. Day to day tasks will involve new build deployment activities and/or responding to maintenance calls within SLA, fault finding and hardware replacement with TAC assistance. He/she will also provide support in technical competence, observing Indigo’s Safety, Health, Environmental and Quality (SHEQ) standards.
The post holder will be required to take on any additional duties which may be considered within the remit of the role.
Principal accountabilities of the role include, but are not limited to:
Other Key Responsibilities:
- Provide First Line Maintenance support for Indigo Telecom Group to the current customer base.
- Carry out installation and commissioning duties in both a project and maintenance environment.
- Respond to all interventions in a timely manner, ensuring as far as reasonably possible that all SLA’s are met.
- Provide OOH on-call cover as required by agreed on-call rota.
- Provide the Indigo GSC with regular up-to-date information on progress of intervention.
- Provide Line Manager and relevant Project Managers with feedback regarding on-site issues.
- Complete and submit all paperwork and documentation within SLA.
- Fault Finding. Ability to receive instructions (written and/or verbal) from GSC (Indigo and/or customer) to resolve outstanding issues.
- Installation, commissioning, and fault finding of various telecoms technologies, systems, and infrastructure; Microwave, SDH, PDH, Transmission, UHF, radio, mobile BTS and optical based solutions.
- Working knowledge of current mobile network standards and best practice
- Wiring and connection on DC power to telecoms equipment.
- Completion of site surveys.
- Timely completion of all handover paperwork for any activities that have taken place
- Controls and Manages Risk Assessment and Method Statement documentation.
- Ensure Health & Safety and Engineering Quality standards are always maintained within the business.
- Perform all necessary installation activities on vendor supplied products and/or supervise the sub-contracting of these activities.
- Where required, perform, manage and record SVSA’s and HSE audits.
- To ensure successful completion of all deployment activities to the customers satisfaction.
- To take ownership of assigned faults through to resolution.
- Establish and maintain excellent working relationships
- Comply with company & local standards, procedures & protocols with specific responsibility for performance to engineering key performance indicators.
- Ensure Health & Safety and Engineering Quality standards are maintained at all times.
- Represent and promote Indigo Telecom Group in a professional manner at all times.
- Demonstrate flexibility to meet business requirements.
- Complete other ad hoc duties as required.
- Qualified and experienced in physically building Telecoms Infrastructure services from plans and to Quality requirements.
- Entry level Telecoms Commissioner who is skilled and competent in providing basic standalone product commissioning to a level of "green light and connectivity".
- Demonstrable “hands on” experience including I&C activity, test equipment, site install, and power.
- Rooftop Awareness
- NRSWA Unit 2 Chapter 8.
- RF Awareness.
- Manual Handling
- First Aid
- Experienced in the installation and commissioning of Nokia, NEC, Huawei, SIAE, ESL equipment, plus an in-depth knowledge of installation and commissioning across the Mobile network.
- Proven customer interface skills base on experience in similar environments.
- Report writing excellent standard of written and spoken English.
- Able to work under pressure and positively influence others.
- PC literate, especially Microsoft Office 365 suite. Experience of using Visio is essential.
- Ability to manage own workload and meet all SLAs as required.
- Flexible approach to the role, with the ability to adapt and react to business needs.
- Full UK Driving Licence
- 18th Edition Electrical testing.
- SC Clearance/BS7858 Clearance/Equivalent
- Advanced climber
- Rescue at height
- Reactive. Working in changing environment and locations.