End of publication date
Integrity and Fabric Maintenance - Integrity Engineer - Structures
RJF18 - 136 Integrity Engineer - Structures
Perenco UK is one of the largest gas operators in the Southern North Sea. Its development and expansion has come from both organic growth and acquisition; we continue to develop a unique know-how while diversifying towards new markets to guarantee the independence and the sustainability of the company over time.
As a Structural Integrity Engineer, you will have the opportunity to contribute to the technical management of the structural integrity assurance and regulatory compliance of our offshore and onshore assets, ensuring that Perenco UK's structural assets remain fit for purpose until the projected end of field life dates.
Your primary responsibilities will be to support and manage integrity assurance, in service inspection and repair, and suitability engineering assessments with regard to asset structural integrity, regulatory compliance and performance on behalf of Perenco UK. You will need a solid understanding of structural engineering (preferably Offshore), recognition of defects and anomalies, and the ability to carry out engineering calculations for remedial actions as necessary. In addition, this position requires engineering working knowledge of corrosion issues, inspection techniques and practical repair methods. Offshore experience would be preferred, but suitable and comparable experience in a similar engineering sector would be considered.
This role is based in our Norwich with the requirement to travel offshore periodically. You will report directly to the Structural Team Lead/Technical Authority for PUK Structures.
To be discussed
Experience / Qualifications:
- Degree (BSc or BEng) in Civil/Structural/Mechanical Engineering (or equivalent)
- Working towards professional membership of an appropriate Institute (ICE, IStructE or IMechE) and Chartered status.
- Ideally, 2 years of experience working as a Structural Engineer dealing with structural integrity (topside and submerged sections) of mature offshore fixed platforms together with a good grounding in the application of API (RP2A), ISO 19901's or other pertinent design codes. Candidates with equivalent structural engineering experience and a passion for steelwork structures in challenging environments will be considered.
- Good written and verbal communication skills in order to provide timely and appropriate feedback to team members and operational personnel in the carrying out of the described duties.
At Perenco we value and reward our people, offering competitive salaries and a wide range of benefits including:
- Private Medical Insurance
- Flexible Benefit Allowance
- Life Assurance
- Excellent Pension Provision
- Discretionary Bonus
Key responsibilities include:
Safety & Environmentally Critical Tasks:
- Lead and conduct risk based inspection assessments and engineering studies to develop inspection plans and make recommendations for repair or other risk management actions.
- Review and approve requests to defer inspection and maintenance activities.
- Contribute to the development, review and update of structural integrity management systems (SIMS) and continual development of risk based inspection strategies.
- Contribute to the development and operation of risk based inspection strategies, identification of damage mechanisms, active overview, guidance and responsibility for delivery of inspection cycle activities from scope agreement, technique selection, supplier selection, contract strategy, safety reviews, mobilisation, data acquisition monitoring & receipt & distribution of deliverables.
- Contribute to the management of topsides and subsea inspection strategies development on annual cycle in order to provide clear & concise inspection requirements to Inspection Engineers
- Contribute to the management of topsides weight database for all offshore installations including the assessments for lifting and temporary loads.
- Contribute to the management, review and programming of scheduled Air Gap and Tilt Surveys in accordance with the Structural Inspection Strategy
- Manage costs by controlling spending and promoting a challenging cost culture to ensure we get value from suppliers and contractors
- Support offshore assets and onshore Terminals in assessing day-to-day safety issues. Required deliverables include auditable input into isolation reviews, risk assessments and incident investigations, where necessary
- Review and assess structural inspections for topside and subsea and contribute to the endorsement process for appropriate inspection frequencies and written schemes of examinations.
- Generate and specify Repair Orders and Fabric Maintenance Recommendations in terms of scope and suitable timeframes.
- Be a part of overseeing structural integrity support contractor performance, scope, quality of service and value for money, as directed.
- Contribute to the development of information to support the Annual Summary Report ASR for all installations.
- Undertake structural calculations to determine the requirement for repair; also to specify remedial action; working to appropriate codes of practices; maintaining a clear appreciation of risk management in terms of integrity and remedial work execution.
- Be involved in the development and construction of structural models and analyses in accordance with latest API's, ISO's or any other appropriate codes of practice, in the performance of relevant life extension assessments where required, and as directed.
There are a number of Safety Critical Tasks that you will be made aware of and systems you will be required to competently operate
Europe, United Kingdom, Norwich
3-year university degree