Vacancy No VN224
Employment Type Full-Time
Primary Work Location B&CE - Manhattan
Description Are you a confident self-starter with experience in a variety of testing? Are you familiar with current software tools and methodologies and looking for an opportunity within a growing financial services organisation?
Here at B&CE, an award-winning not-for-profit organisation and rapidly expanding due to great success of our flagship product The Pensions Pension. We are seeking a Test Engineer for a newly created role offering the right candidate the opportunity to contribute and support us in moving towards a move automated test strategy.
As a Test Engineer you’ll be responsible for delivering against the test strategy and devising test plans relating to the strategic change programme. They will also need to support the programme through effective communication at all levels of the organisation including our partners. The role will involve testing across all software phases: system, regression, integration, performance, and user acceptance testing.
The qualities we are looking for from our Test Engineer:
- Assist the Test Manager in planning and delivering all test activities for the programme
- Collaborate with internal & external partners to deliver against the agreed test activities and deliverables in a timely manner
- Actively participate in planning activities and provide test effort against the work required to be carried out
- Responsible for test planning and leading execution of the test plan
- Review the project plan and ensure any risks and issues are communicated to the project
- Define and track quality assurance metrics including defects, defect counts, test result and test status
- Communicate test progress against the plan to all stakeholders
- Maintains own and team’s focus, performance and output
- Adapts well to change and communicates it effectively to the team
- Consults and informs all relevant colleagues in decision-making
- Seeks feedback and proactively develops their leadership skills and approach
- Engages others in changing situations
- Actively seeks ideas, improvements and solutions from others and challenges the ‘norm’
- Builds strong collaborative relationships with peers and stakeholders
- Takes responsibility and accountability for their tasks and actions
- Has a digital mindset, using technology and their specialism to create better outcomes and more meaningful experiences for stakeholders
- Proactively defines, manages and executes plans through to full delivery
- Regularly monitors progress and performance against key metrics whilst maintaining tight control of contributors to ensure delivery of objectives
- Provides clarity about plans, priorities and goals
If you’re right for this role?
- Experience in API testing using Postman
- Strong interpersonal relationship-building skills with a Pro-active, ‘can-do’ behaviour and attitude
- Ability to represent the company when dealing with 3rd parties and external partners
- Self-motivated and ability to prioritise their work
- Well versed in test tools and best practices
- Ability to mentor and support team members
- Excellent understanding of SDLC
- Delivering against challenging milestones and to tight deadlines
- Ability to work effectively with internal & external stakeholders
- Balancing conflicting priorities and offering suggestions/solutions to minimise impact
Perks Our people are our strength so finding ways to value and reward them is important to us. That’s why we offer an award-winning pension – it’s what we’re good at – plus health care cover, an onsite gym, access to a personal trainer, and a subsidised onsite restaurant. Discover more of B&CE’s employee benefits including our training programme, which is designed to give our people the support they need to develop a fulfilling career via our website.
B&CE is an equal opportunities employer. We believe everyone has the right to be treated fairly, with dignity and respect. We’re committed to treating all our people (and all who apply for a role at B&CE) equally.