We’re looking for an outstanding Software Developer (Java) to join the NHSBSA Digital team. You can be part of a dynamic team of professionals that are transforming the way we deliver services to the NHS, the wider healthcare community and their patients..
Our developers focus on implementing quality software that delivers real value based on user-centred designs. The successful candidate will bring a wealth of experience and a desire to ‘build it right’ in order to lead project front-end development and help grow our diverse community of developers.
A Software Developer (Java) delivers and integrates software to form a complete service.
- write high quality code with unit tests
- plan and lead development on sets of related stories
- have an understanding of the whole system and take responsibility for teaching this to others
- work with other disciplines to understand what needs to be built
- coach and mentor more junior colleagues
- operate the production services you build
- find ways to improve system robustness, resilience and stability
- contribute to the developer community
The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate these essential skills and knowledge:
- Back-end languages and standards such as Java, HTTP
- Open source back-end technologies including the Spring Framework
- implementing RESTful APIs
- Object Relational Mapping, database design and schema migrations
- Distributed version control system such as Git
- Clean coding techniques and best practice
- Understanding of secure coding best practice
- Testing techniques including BDD, TDD
- Quality assurance techniques including static analysis/linting
- Unix-like operating systems such as Linux or Mac OS X