As a MathWorks Training Engineer you prepare and deliver product training courses for MATLAB and Simulink to customers who work on a variety of engineering and scientific applications. Training courses may be off-the shelf offerings or may require some customisation to address customer educational, industry and application requirements.
You will primarily be involved in teaching a range of courses. This will include MATLAB and Simulink at an introductory level and some additional advanced courses dependent on your background.
1. Delivering training courses using an approach that provides value to the course delegates and which allows delegates to understand and make use of the full capabilities of the MathWorks products.
2. Working with customers to gather requirements for customised training courses and to prepare the training material, as far as possible using existing course material.
3. Reviewing new training course material and providing feedback to the developer of that course.
4. Developing training material including presentation slides, programs, application examples, and simulation models. This material must demonstrate best practice in the use of MathWorks products as well as highlighting important features and capabilities
5. Accountability for quality of work, timing and level of effort including the submission of trip or training report.
A bachelor's degree and 3 years of professional work experience (or a master's degree) is required.
Candidates must be willing to travel 25% to 50% of the time
MSc in Engineering or Science or equivalent.
Experience with MATLAB and Simulink or similar products.
Strong verbal and written communications skills.
Formal presentation or training delivery experience are pluses.
First-hand experience in industry is a plus.
Fluent written and spoken English are essential, good knowledge in a second European language is a plus.