QinetiQ employs more than 6000 people in 51 locations around the world, offering our customers premier expertise in advice, services and creative technology-based products.
QinetiQ Australia, part of the global QinetiQ group, provides technological and scientific expertise to help customers protect and advance their vital interests. As an innovative science and technology company, we help solve some of our customers' most challenging problems. Our determination to deliver and improve today and anticipate and shape tomorrow, makes QinetiQ a very exciting, rewarding and respected place to work and learn.
This is a new opportunity for a Server Engineer to join a team of dedicated IT professionals to deliver new and exciting IT systems into the Defence environment.
- This role is suitable for an experienced Network Engineer with a technical background in Cisco, F5, Juniper, Dell hardware
- Working on site as part of a delivery team, the candidate will work on tasks and take responsibility for delivery, integration and support of a major IT system for the MOD.
- The applicant will be at ease working within a small to medium sized team.
- The applicant will be expected to uphold quality and deliver solutions to budget and time constraints. Work must fully documented so a high standard of written work is expected.
- The candidate must be organized and have exceptional time and personal management and have sound technical knowledge and experience across multiple platforms and technologies
- Being a UK National and holding DV Clearance is essential.
- Work on and lead tasks to ensure delivered solution follows defined design process and QinetiQ / MOD governance procedures and through-life processes.
- Work on business as usual tasks, integration tasks, support and development tasks.
- Keep abreast of industry trends and advancements in information technology
- Work with management team to drive through a culture of technical and engineering excellence and adherence to QinetiQ / MOD technical governance.
- Build and enhance relationships with peers and QinetiQ’s infrastructure services as well as the MOD customer.
- Be responsible for undertaking tasks across the team as required – participation in reference groups, training and research on new functionality etc.
- Working to be becoming recognised as a Server expert within QinetiQ
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Required
- Demonstrable in-depth experience of :
o Cisco Switches
o Juniper SRX Firewalls
o F5 Appliances
o Dell Switches
- A sound technical understanding of network concepts, 8021x and DNS architectures.
- Experience in deploying and supporting secured enterprise infrastructure.
- Experience of systems integration, with appreciation of networking requirements for a server infrastructure.
- Knowledge of VMware NSX-T would be an advantage.
- Knowledge of JSP 604 and 440 and associated JSPs would be desirable.
As the defence industry in Australia grows, it is an exciting time to join QinetiQ. What the company looks like today will be different to that of tomorrow as we navigate an ever changing world. To innovate for our customers advantage we value the need for diversity of thought in everything we do. We provide a flexible and inclusive environment where our people can bring their whole selves to work, meaningfully contribute and have equal opportunity to succeed. We actively seek applications from people who come from diverse backgrounds and experiences. Aligned with our Gender Equality Strategy and Reconciliation Action Plan we also encourage applications from women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.