Remember the last time you opened a bottle of champagne, a cold beer after a hard day’s work or a bottle of sparkling mineral water to quench the thirst, well it was probably made by us, we are O-I and we love that we make more glass containers than anyone in the world.
O-I has more than a century of experience crafting pure, sustainable, brand-building glass packaging for many of the world’s best-known food and beverage brands. We are proud to provide high quality glass packaging for beer, wine, spirits, food, non-alcoholic beverages, cosmetics and pharmaceuticals.
With nearly 27,000 employees and an unparalleled footprint spanning almost 80 plants in 23 countries, O-I is a truly global maker of glass packaging.
From engineering and manufacturing to brand development, design and innovation, we are dedicated to providing unique solutions to exceed our customers’ expectations and fuel consumers’ desire for glass.
What this job requires?
We are on the look out for our next Electrical Engineer to join our Electrical Engineering team.
Your role will be to cover the planned and unplanned absence of our Shift Electrical Team. When covering shifts you will be working on a 4 on 4 off 12 hour shift pattern from 6am - 6pm and 6pm - 6am. Whilst on shift your role is to ensure the electrical issues are results quickly, safely and with minimal disruption to productions. You will also undertake routine checks and support the other shift engineering functions.
When not covering absence you will work days, Monday - Friday, 7:30am - 4pm. The focus will be to drive improvements, maintain and repair faults and to undertake tasks allocated by the Engineering Supervisor.
- Following documented procedures and retain necessary audit documentation,
- Complying with O-I’s policies related to Information Security and Network Access,
- Working on global IT Security queue in Service Management System,
- Reviewing, classifying and managing threats on Antimalware/Antivirus Consoles,
- Working on SIEM console and log analyzing,
- Managing and analyzing phishing campaigns,
- Working with vulnerability scanning tools,
- Understanding SSO principals and identity,
- Developing scripts for process automation,
- Recommending process modifications when opportunities for improvement exist,
- Collaborating with other global IT operational support groups, both locally and globally.
- Minimum 5 year experience working in a high speed and high volume manufacturing/ industrial environment
- Experience of heavy industry and working with large production equipment
- Experience in HV switching is preferred
- Experience of LV systems, small power and lighting, up to 415v 3 phase testing and installation
- Multi-skilled an advantage
- 18th edition IEE
- Apprentice time served Electrician (core skill )
- Minimum C&G Electrical Installations, (ideally ONC / HNC)
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package.
Closing date for applications 1st July 2020
If you are smart, passionate, innovative, culturally open, curious and collaborative, we’d like to hear from you.
O-I is committed to fostering an inclusive environment that attracts and embraces the brightest minds and creates a culture that welcomes a diversity of ideas and perspectives while encouraging growth and rewarding performance.