Wabtec Corporation is a leading global provider of equipment, systems, digital solutions and value-added services for freight and transit rail. Drawing on nearly four centuries of collective experience across Wabtec, GE Transportation and Faiveley Transport, the company has unmatched digital expertise, technological innovation, and world-class manufacturing and services, enabling the digital-rail-and-transit ecosystems. Wabtec is focused on performance that drives progress, creating transportation solutions that move and improve the world. Wabtec has approximately 27,000 employees in facilities throughout the world. Visit the company’s new website at: http://www.WabtecCorp.com .
It’s not just about your career… or your job title…it’s about who you are and the impact you are going to make on the world. Do you want to go into uncharted waters…do things that haven’t been done to make yours and someone else's life better? Wabtec has been doing that for decades and we will continue to do so! Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, Wabtec delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
1. To manage small projects or elements of projects through to completion within Production and Engineering departments
2. To develop designs for projects using reasoned and intuitive judgement.
Use WPS and other lean techniques to support Production in determining requirements for, justifying, and implementing the following;
Co-ordinate jigs, fixtures and tooling - In Design and Manufacturing
Plant and equipment - Support with Cap-Ex justifications
Layout, OEE etc. - shop/cell layouts
Using Lean techniques and methodology - Material handling and control systems and Production methods and times
1. To call and run design reviews on projects in their charge in accordance with the company procedures
2. To write proposals and specifications for the products.
3. To prepare assembly drawings, detail drawings and parts lists using Autocad and Solidworks
4. To document and manage the detailed works processes, controlling updates and revisions.
5. To manage subcontractors engaged in tooling design and manufacture.
6. To monitor problems encountered during production, troubleshoot, and liaise with other teams to devise solutions.
7. To organize and liaise with subcontractors on design / project / production issues.
8. To liaise with the other internal departments in relation to the projects in their charge.
9. To liaise with other departments within the company on specific queries.
10. To lead and participate in Kaizen & Lean events
1. Any other duties as may be appropriate and agreed from time to time
The Production Manager
Wabtec Corporation is committed to taking on the world’s toughest challenges. In order to fulfill that commitment we rely on a culture of leadership, diversity and inclusiveness. We aim to employ the world’s brightest minds to help us create a limitless source of ideas and opportunities. We believe in hiring talented people of varied backgrounds, experiences and styles…people like you! Wabtec Corporation is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, or protected Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.