An exciting opportunity for a Principal Mechanical Engineer to join our client, working within the Property Services team in Leeds.
Your role as a Principal Engineer with our client will include work winning and delivery from both existing and cultivating new clients and assisting the regional lead the specialist delivery of the Property Services Group for the Northern Region.
A particular focus on work delivery to support local and regional clients.
You will be working on a varied portfolio of projects both in the UK and internationally. You will take the lead and deliver on small projects up to the value of a few £million, and support larger projects, with values of £100million+.
Projects span across sectors including Commercial Offices, Retail and School / Further Education.
What our client is looking for:
– Chartered status or working towards
– Strong technical knowledge in primary engineering discipline and relevant UK and applicable EU regulations, design guides, etc
– Good understanding of the secondary engineering discipline
– Manage projects to avoid technical and commercial risk
– IT literate with an understanding of relevant IT packages i.e. Hevacomp, IES and Microsoft office
– Excellent written and spoken English skills
– Excellent organisational and planning skills to effectively work to timescales and deadlines
– Extensive knowledge of contract administration, procurement and conditions of contract/appointment
– Able to develop effective relationships with well-developed interpersonal and influencing skills
– Proven track record in work winning and building successful teams
What our client can offer:
A competitive salary and both core and flexible benefits including:
– Private medical scheme
– 25 days annual leave, increasing to 30 with length of service
– Contributory pension scheme
– Exposure to a variety of sectors, disciplines, opportunities and clients
– Excellent IPD scheme and active support towards further professional accreditation
– Friendly and dynamic team working environment
– Working closely with people at all levels of the organisation
– Collaboration with MEP cost centres, specialist groups, with strong commitment to quality
– Opportunity to provide input and lead the mechanical design at the early stages and see that through the detailed design stages and on site
– Opportunity for onsite involvement
– Opportunities for career progression
– Opportunities to work on International Projects
If you think you are suitable then we would love to hear from you! Apply now for your CV to be sent to the recruitment manager or alternatively call 01489 888 613