The Automation Engineering department plan, configure, supply and fit all the engineering aspects of the Ocado Smart Platform into our clients' automated Customer Fulfilment Centres (CFCs) around the world. We create and manage the detailed engineering plans ensuring efficient and effective delivery for our global clients.
Within Ocado Automation Engineering sits the Engineering Supply Chain Team with the primary role in the business to deliver assured outcomes across our truly global supply chain. The successful candidate will report directly into the Engineering Supply Chain Quality Manager and enjoy a varied day at Ocado. As a result there is a healthy mix of proactive planned activity via quality planning and scheduled audits as well as reactive supply chain support to ensure we deliver against requirements. This role will drive the development, documentation, control and improvement of key business processes surrounding the delivery of engineering team solutions to assure outcomes. This role will also work across Engineering delivery areas to establish process capability, identify requirements and work collaboratively to create and embed process.
What will you be doing?....
- Principle accountability: Drive the mission to achieve "assured outcomes" across the business.
- Business process and management systems development and definition with buy-in from process owners and stakeholders.
- Subject matter expert for problem-solving techniques and approaches.
- Drive the Supply Chain Quality Assurance regime for Ocado Engineering globally
- Significant experience in Supplier Quality activities
- Involved in the introduction of ISO9001:2015; introduction of supplier quality regimes and execution of audits to plan
- Lead problem solving teams driving to successful conclusion
- Implementing change in a fast paced environment; building a consensus and gaining acceptance.
- Proven ability to work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment independently or as part of a global team.
- Internal/ lead auditor ISO9001:2015
- Degree/ HND qualified in technical or quality discipline
- Experience of working in an Engineering environment
- Capital Equipment Manufacturing
- Robotics Manufacturing Exposure
- Lithium-Ion Battery Technology Manufacturing Exposure
- CMM or Significant Metrology Experience
- Significant experience with SPC and Gage R&R
About Ocado Group...
When our journey started, we were all about changing the way people shop for groceries. 20 years later, we're a FTSE 100 business developing our own ground breaking technology, opening multiple sites at an accelerating rate and engaging in exciting new business partnerships around the world!
Transforming an industry means also transforming the way we do business. As we continually develop new technologies and customer propositions, we're looking for the brightest talents to lead us into the next stage of our evolution: enhancing our capabilities, inspiring our teams and developing new ways of working.
Only a 20 minute commute from London King's Cross and with a free shuttle bus provided from Hatfield Station to the office
Ocado employee experience is very important to us. As well as keeping a smile on your face with weekly massages, a games room, coffee shop, weekly food samples and amazing food hall to satisfy your daily breakfast and lunch taste buds..All Ocado employees are offered a benefits package of - 25 days holiday + the option to buy an additional 3 via salary sacrifice, 15% discount on your weekly ocado shop, pension, share options, discounts on gym memberships and much much more….
we're in it together, we are proud of what we do, we can be even better……