Nexen are looking to recruit an experienced CAD engineer to join our technical team.
To produce CAD models, drawings and bills of materials to ensure components are procured in a timely fashion, ensuring the on time delivery of our products.
- To create 3D CAD models using Solid Edge.
- To produce component drawings for production.
- To take ownership of all engineering aspects from point of order to manufacture.
- To produce bills of material, detailing all components required to complete an order.
- To complete technical documentation to support the products e.g. parts list, GA drawings.
- To be responsible for ongoing product enhancement projects.
- To produce and collate engineering and technical data to provide accurate product data to customers.
- To keep up to date with latest methodology for CAD system and engineering processes to ensure the software is used to its fullest extent effectively.
- To be responsible for own health and safety and personal development, keeping up to date with relevant issues in relation to job role.
It is expected that all candidates should have a basic engineering understanding, knowing what factors and choices will affect the design process.
Demonstrate that that they are capable of producing component drawings with sufficient detail for manufacture.
Experience working with Solid Edge
Experience of working with PLM systems, in particular Team Center