Markem-Imaje is a trusted world manufacturer of product identification and traceability solutions, offering a full range of reliable and innovative inkjet, thermal transfer, laser, print and label application systems. Markem-Imaje delivers fully integrated solutions that enable product quality and safety, regulatory and retailer compliance, better product recalls and improved manufacturing processes.
Are you an Experienced Design Engineer who can design integrated product solutions for customers by using internal and external resources and excellent communication skills?
In this role you’ll be… pivotal in the development of the Mechanical Design through integrating the Markem-Imaje printing range and 3rd party equipment for our UK customers. Working with our Pre-Sales and Sales team to support a value add solution and cost effective design.
You’ll have an opportunity to… build and manage the UK bracket and integration catalogue to support our End user and OEM customers. Interact with the Pre-Sales and Sales team, as well as supporting our Field Service Engineers.
You should possess… a relevant qualification in mechanical design or 5 years’ experience in a similar role working with design software
Great package including bonus, career growth and great benefits.
- Manage the design and integration of Markem-Imaje printers, and 3rd party solutions, into the existing database or modifications to the existing.
- Work and communicate with both external and internal customers, as well as third party suppliers.
- Ability to survey customer production lines and design solutions to meet business and industry standards to install MI and 3rd party printers
- Develop designs to meet the needs of our customers and sales team
- Build up good working relationships with all relevant teams including Pre-Sales, Sales and Field Engineers
- Work efficiently and flexibly to suit business and customer demands
Education and/or Experience Required
- Relevant Mechanical design qualification
- 5 plus years’ experience in a similar position
- Creo Parametric 4.0 software experience, or equivalent design software package
- Electrical design would be of an advantage, but not essential
- Good communication skills – with both customers and colleagues
- Ability to travel – Clean driving license
- Microsoft skills – Excel, word etc
- Business and financial understanding.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, age, genetic information, or any other factors prohibited by law.