At James Neill, we have an exciting opportunity for a Maintenance Engineer. Joining an established team, the successful candidate duties will include:
- To operate to procedures as defined within site quality, environmental and health and safety systems and standards.
- Contributes to continual improvement of the plant, processes and working environment through generating and implementing improvements and working collaboratively across departments/sites.
- To assist with monitoring external contractors on site, ensuring familiarisation with site rules.
- Carries out daily monitoring inspections and self-audits in each area of the plant on a weekly rota
- Responds quickly and efficiently to any unscheduled plant stoppages.
- Uses the Maximo system, ensuring labour and material expended are recorded and PPM/PdM are carried out for all areas of the site.
- Safely carries out all repairs to plant equipment and services as quickly and efficiently as possible.
- Participates in the efficient running of the maintenance department, including; housekeeping, planning of work, use of tools and control of spare parts and materials.
- Participates in the call out program for maintenance faults.
- Analyses and rectifies plant/process defects in a timely manner using RCA where applicable.
Works within budget and looks to reduce costs wherever possible.
The Ideal Candidate will have the following:
In addition, you will be:
- Experience as a maintenance engineer in an operational environment preferably FMCG, Food or drink.
- Computer literate.
- A recognised engineering apprenticeship, with a formal qualification.
- Experience of industrial 3 phase motor and control systems and their interaction with modern PLC systems.
- Experience of a plant with pneumatic control and operation and common industrial bearing systems.
- A team player who works well with others to achieve optimum results.
- Self-motivated with the enthusiasm and resilience to drive standards.
- A strong and engaging communicator; able to build good working relationships with all stakeholders.
- An analytical thinker capable of problem solving and identifying opportunities for improvement.
- Adaptable, rational and effective when facing conflicting priorities.
Belfast - Mill
Job start date:
ALLIED MILLS - Belfast (James Neil)
Hours per week: