An exciting opportunity has arisen for database programmers (band 6/7) to join the Royal Marsden Clinical Trials Unit (RM CTU) to support the Royal Marsden’s large, varied and innovative portfolio of studies ranging from early to late phase trials, and from simple to complex interventions.
The Royal Marsden is a world leader in cancer research, treatment and education. Together with our academic partner, The Institute of Cancer Research (ICR), we are the largest comprehensive cancer centre in Europe and the only National Institute of Health Research (NIHR) Biomedical Research Centre (BRC) specialising in cancer in the UK.
The RM CTU is wishing to expand its programming team following receiving full accreditation from the UK Clinical Research Collaboration (UKCRC) Registered Clinical Trials Units Network. RM CTU supports the Research Themes of the only cancer specific BRC.
We are looking for enthusiastic and self-motivated team players to contribute to the design and develop of cancer clinical trials database.
You should also have:
- Will be responsible for providing database specifications and development of the databases for all Royal Marsden clinical trials, working together with clinicians, trial managers and statisticians.
- A post-graduate qualification in a relevant subject is desirable.
- Experience in clinical trial data management systems is essential.
- For the senior (band 7) role experience in clinical trials is essential and familiarity with the regulatory environment surrounding clinical trials is desirable.
- A flexible but organized approach to work with the ability to work under pressure and to meet tight deadlines.
- The ability to work independently, as well as part of a small multi-disciplinary trial team and with colleagues across more than clinical unit.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- For the senior/lead roles experience in line management is desirable.
The vacancies are full-time, funded initially for two years with the possibility of extension, primarily based in Sutton with regular travel to the Chelsea site.