Gavia Environmental Ltd (GEL), a growing and dynamic Environmental Consultancy, is looking to appoint a Principal Hydrologist / Chartered Engineer to lead the growth of our hydrology team. The successful candidate will be responsible for the development and management of our experienced hydrological team based in Glasgow and Perth.
The key skills/attributes required for this Principal Hydrologist/Chartered Engineer role are:
- Project management and delivery of hydrology projects;
- Delivery of technical hydrological studies for a range of public and private sector clients;
- Provide hydrology and modelling advice/guidance relating to all aspects of fluvial, coastal and pluvial flood risk, and river basin processes;
- Input into cross-disciplinary projects (e.g. ecology, impact assessment, engineering);
- Liaison with clients, regulators, sub-contractors and colleagues; and
- Maintain and develop sales through client relationships.
The individual must be self-motivated and organised, able to work as part of a team, and demonstrate at least 5 years’ experience in environmental consultancy or similar research-based field. The candidate must possess a high level of report writing, communication skills and must show good levels of IT literacy.
- Honours or Master’s degree in hydrology or relevant discipline;
- Consultancy experience in project management and delivery;
- Working experience in hydraulic modelling (1D & 2D hydraulic models);
- Hydrology support to EIA and environmental engineering projects;
- Chartered or in the process of/willing to work towards chartership of a recognised professional body;
- Sound understanding of relevant legislation and guidelines across the UK;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Full UK or EU drivers’ licence;
- A valid work permit; and
- A valid CSCS card.
Salary & Benefits
Gavia Environmental Ltd, offer an attractive salary £42-£47K, along with other benefits, including: 25 days holiday, contributory pension scheme, cycle to work scheme, profit share bonus scheme, health care plan, and long-term opportunities to develop your professional career.
To apply or obtain more details on the above position, please send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com. For an informal discussion please call our Perth Office on 01738 646741 and ask to speak to Christopher Baker.