To be responsible for the maintenance and repair of all manufacturing and laboratory equipment in a GMP facility. Working with internal customers to plan equipment availability, equipment access and the management of external contractors. Driving continuous improvement activity and culture using the company process.
What will you do?
Who we are looking for:
- To apply a range of skills including, faultfinding and mechanical / electrical repairs to the equipment on site
- Delivery of planned maintenance on time and in full to ensure compliance and continuity of production
- Application of methodical thinking to help diagnose equipment issues
- Support in the delivery of capital expenditure projects through to completion
- To use continuous improvement tools to activities and process change initiatives i.e. Kaizen activity, 5S and Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP)
- To be actively involved in the company’s Practical Process Improvement (PPI) program
- To apply Root Cause Analysis (RCA) to breakdowns and to ensure any identified corrective and preventative actions are completed
- Plan and supervise external contractors and service engineers, ensuring works completed as required and ensuring safe working procedures are adhered to
- Performing to measures within specific goals aligned with departmental plans and the company goal tree (KPIs)
- To comply with all health, safety and environmental rules, policies, procedures and any other instructions relevant to working within their area of the Company
- As part of your employment you may be required to undertake any other reasonable tasks or duties that are deemed to be within your capability as directed by your first line manager
experience, skills & abilities
- Must be educated to GCSE or equivalent standard
- City & Guilds/BTEC ONC in Mechanical / Process Engineering. HNC/HND in Operations and Maintenance. A HNC/HND in Mechanical Engineering is desirable
- Electrical competency is desirable
- Proven experience in FMCG Pharma/Food industry experience in a process or packing environment would be preferred
- IT Literacy required and a working knowledge of Microsoft Word/Excel/PowerPoint
- Proven track record of improvement project involvement and delivery is preferred
- The successful candidate will be self-motivated, enthusiastic, showing drive and commitment to continuous improvement
- A flexible and conscientious outlook is essential. You would also be expected to demonstrate role model behavior at all times in order to develop internal and external customer relations
- Must be able to participate in an On-call Rota, therefore it is essential to live within 1 hour commuting distance of the facility
- A full 5-year employment check will be conducted prior to commencement
As the world leader in serving science, our work is more than something that fills our days. When you’re part of Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do challenging work, and be part of a team that values performance, quality and innovation. With revenues of $24 billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
Each one of our 70,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. It’s not just a career, it’s a chance to realise your best – professionally and personally.
Join us and contribute to our mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today!