We’re on the lookout for Trainee and Junior Engineers!
LA Micro Group is an independent technology group, home to LA Direct Solutions, Bytestock and Yello Telecoms. Having just moved to a larger warehouse facility, we’re expanding our team.
We’re hiring for a number of roles within our engineering department. Comprising of two teams, our engineering department is responsible for building and supplying quality and bespoke computers to brokers, resellers and trade whilst ensuring our customers get their exact requirements.
If you’re interested in IT and you’d enjoy developing your IT hardware skillset and working within a fast-paced, exciting team, this role is for you! As part of our engineering team, you’ll be building and testing servers, booking in/out deliveries, running diagnostics and quality checking components.
We’re looking for confident and hardworking engineers to come on board. So, if you enjoy problem-solving and critical thinking, we want to hear from you!
Working with the Engineering Team Leader, your key responsibilities will be:
– Taking responsibility for the building, testing and shipping of our ‘build-to-order’ computer servers, ensuring they comply with LA Micro Group standards
– Develop your knowledge to be able to diagnose engineering problems as they arise
– Complying with LA Micro Group’s stock procedures
– Ensuring tidiness and efficiency of your work area, including personal and warehouse areas
– Booking in and out engineering processes
– Complying with LA Micro Group’s quality control standards
– Learning and developing from other members of the team
What we’re looking for:
– Creative thinker
– Ability to work within a team and independently
– Focused on the quality of work and outcome
– Positive attitude
– Ability to meet deadlines and time-keeping skills
– Client service focused
– IT skills and enjoyment
Desirable but not essential:
– Qualifications or knowledge in IT processes and procedures
– Previous experience within an engineering/warehouse team
This role will be based in our new office in Bracknell, 5 days a week. Operating on a rotating shift: Monday – Friday 6:30 am – 2:30 pm and 12:00 pm – 8:00 pm.
We take huge pride in our team and strive to make this the best place to work. There’s always something exciting going on and we’re proud holders of the Investors in People standard accreditation, too.
Trainee engineer: Up to £20k
Junior engineer: £20k – £23.5k
Location: Bracknell (Office based)
If you like the sound of this role and feel you’d make a great addition to the team, send your CV over to firstname.lastname@example.org with a brief introduction and we’ll be in touch!