wedo - Technical Engineer:
wedo group limited is seeking to recruit a fully-qualified Gas Engineer & Plumber. The successful applicant will assist the business in carrying out our strategic goals and help the company build its brand and reputation in the local area by delivering exceptional customer service to our customers as well as expert technical analysis and workmanship, with the aim of becoming a nationally-recognised brand. The primary functions of this role will involve carrying out installation work, maintenance, servicing, landlord CP12 and will encompass all types of plumbing services.
To assist with our expanding business and high volume of home emergency calls, the successful applicant will feel comfortable diagnosing, repairing and installing gas central heating systems as well as plumbing systems (including hot water cylinders, vented and unvented).
As we provide a reactive service it is paramount that the successful applicant will be prepared to work outside of core hours on a rotational basis when required. Occasional travel may be required so a willingness to work away is important.
We will carry out these works in both the domestic and commercial sector; commercial experience would be desirable but not essential.
Role and Responsibilities:
The role will be very hands on and will involve working on your own initiative. The role will involve fault-finding on boilers and central heating systems that have broken down. Day to day work will consist of servicing and diagnostic repair both plumbing and heating systems, boiler swaps and the occasional full system install. You will be expected to complete all relevant forms electronically, making sure to get the customer's signature to confirm work has been completed to their satisfaction. You must be customer-focused with a right first-time approach.
Training will be provided and funded by wedo where appropriate to further enhance the successful applicant’s career. A long and progressive career with benefits is available to the right candidate who will advance from joining a dynamic team and driven team.
- G3 Unvented
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience
- Ability to test and complete relevant certification
- Confident managing a varied workload
- Excellent customer service skills
- Able to work extended hours when necessary
- Full clean driving license
- Be able to work on their own initiative and have pride in their work
- Must be a clean and tidy worker respectful of people’s homes and belongings
- Natural Gas / LPG - Not essential but advantageous.
- DAH1 - Not essential but advantageous
- Commercial ACS/OFTEC – Not essential but advantageous
Salary & Benefits
- Up to £40,000 (negotiable dependent on skills and experience)
- 20 days’ holiday plus bank holidays, rising to 27 with service.
- Power tools and testing equipment
- Fuel card
- Legal expenses insurance
- Death in service
- Income protection insurance
- Home emergency insurance
- Vehicle breakdown insurance
- 3% pension contribution
- Gas Safe Registration under the company registration