Bruker’s Semiconductor (BSEMI) Division is the leader in advanced X-ray and AFM metrology for the semiconductor and compound semiconductor industries. The BSEMI division offers the most comprehensive portfolio of tools, based on AFM and X-ray technologies including XRR (X-ray reflectometry), XRF (X-ray fluorescence), XRD (X-ray diffraction), XRDI (X-ray diffraction imaging), XCD (X-ray critical dimension), and others.
We are looking for a talented engineer or scientist to join BESMI to strengthen local X-ray application support and to penetrate X-ray technology more into semiconductor industry.
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides technical expertise through installation, maintenance, sales presentations, and demonstrations of company products.
- Assists customers with assessing potential applications of company products to meet process metrology needs and preparing detailed product specifications for the development and implementation of customer applications/solutions.
- May build an application based on customer requirements to demonstrate feasibility of the application, often requiring rapid prototyping and/or product demo for client.
- May provide follow-up support to company sales staff and customer personnel by disseminating technical information on specific applications.
- Works on complex problems where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of various factors.
- Develop a strong understanding of competitive technologies and products in X-ray product.
- Helps to maintain and increase X-ray product usage, at multiple customer sites in different geographical regions across China.
- Create, develop, and continuously improve the customer support & applications knowledge database.
- Position located in Wuhan, or Shanghai, or Nanjing.
Requires Master or Ph.D. in Material Science, Physics, Chemistry, or EE with X-ray experience and preferably have experience in the semiconductor fabrication industry, or equivalent experience.
Thin film/Diffusion/Epi process experience or YE/FA experience in semiconductor industry is plus.
Master’s level degree with at least 2~5 years of experience, Ph.D. level degree with at least 0~2 years of experience in relevant fields.
Technical background in X-ray and/or other material structural characterization techniques is preferred, like TEM, ICP-Mass, SIMS, Ellipsometry, X-ray topography, XRD, XRF, optical defect inspection, etc.
Good knowledge in statistics and data analysis. Experience in metrology preferred.
Fluent in English and experience in technical writing
Demonstrated oral & written communications and interpersonal relationship skills, particularly intercultural skills; strong customer orientation.
Ability to work and be creative under pressure and with tight deadlines.
Self-organized and self-disciplined. Ability to work independently and within a team environment to solve problems. Experience working in the semiconductor industry and familiarity with problem analysis and troubleshooting techniques.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
Solid theoretical understanding of physics and material science to enable problem solving of complex system and application issue
Knowledge of various X-ray metrology and associated applications highly desired.
Knowledge of semiconductor process flow/metrology solutions and associated applications highly desired.
Prior experience working in a semiconductor fab as an employee or vendor
Positive “can do” attitude, a highly-motivated self-starter.
Relishes working in a performance-driven environment
Very strong interpersonal skills and ability to interface with internal and external customers and support groups within company.
Resourceful, proactive, meticulous.
Ability to work as part of a multi-disciplinary team to achieve shared goals, but also equally comfortable working independently when required.
Excellent leadership, communication, and interpersonal skills.
Goal oriented with good track record in achieving targets.
Strong technical background - able to understand the problems that our customers are trying to solve, understanding of the customer’s current and future metrology requirements, and able to recommend new metrology opportunities to company.
Solid understanding of semiconductor metrology requirements.
Able to travel both domestically and internationally on short notice. Expect 30% - 60% travel.
30~60% travel domestically on short notice
10-20% travel internationally on short notice
Able to work in production floor, cleanroom, & laboratory environments
Bruker is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics.
Certain positions at Bruker require compliance with export control laws and as a result, all interviewed candidates for all positions will be screened pre-interview to determine their eligibility in light of export control restrictions.