Lead Mobile Engineer
We have a brand new opportunity available for a dedicated Lead Mobile Engineer to join our Digital Mobile Platforms team. This dedicated team is made up of 200 colleagues globally who work across both business and technology functions with the common goal to ensure customer satisfaction through all digital touch points by creating simple, intuitive and delightful experiences. Specifically, you will work as part of the Pingit Mobile Payments App delivery team who innovative effective solutions to increasingly complex banking needs. We believe money should never get in the way of living life to the fullest. We're the app for the fast things, the groups things, the setting-money-aside-for-things.
What will you be doing?
What we’re looking for:
- Technical leadership for mobile applications – defining standards, architecture, development methodology
- Mentoring and support for iOS & Android development team members
- Manage Advice and Guidance (A&G) documents and project Plan and Estimates (P&Es) that impact applications / products within domain.
- Accountable for end-to-end system technical designs to understand impact on applications / products within domain.
- Peer review pull requests, application
- Collaborate and communicate with other development teams to build efficient end to end technical solutions.
Skills that will help you in the role:
- Proven track record in following:
- iOS application development – Objective C & Swift
- Android application development – Java/Kotlin
- Proven ability of working in an agile team following Scrum methodology, and leading a development team.
- Proven track record of successfully using different software development methodologies TDD, BDD
- Application security principals, cryptography and secure coding techniques.
- A confident leader, able to influence outcomes with a variety of senior stakeholders to ensure positive results for the team and it’s clients
- Knowledge of C/C++
- Knowledge of HTML5, Angular, Ionic
- Financial services experience.
Where will you be working?
You will be working at our Technology Hub in the North East, located at Radbroke Hall in Knutsford. It’s convenient for most individuals who live within a 35-mile radius, spanning from Liverpool, Chester, Manchester and Stoke. It’s a lively atmosphere with large open plan offices, with everything you need on site including various catering options, Starbucks, Gym and onsite parking.
Interested and want to know more about Barclays? Visit home.barclays/who-we-are/ for more details.
Everything we do is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. Our values inform the foundations of our relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how we measure and reward the performance of our colleagues. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
We aim to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in bringing their whole selves to work, feel included and their talents are nurtured, empowering them to contribute fully to our vision and goals.
Our customers are unique. The same goes for our colleagues. That's why at Barclays we offer a range of benefits, allowing every colleague to choose the best options for their personal circumstances. These include a competitive salary and pension, health care and all the tools, technology and support to help you become the very best you can be. We are proud of our dynamic working options for colleagues. If you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with us.