Job Posting Date:
Mar 9, 2020, 1:24:38 PM
By joining us as an Application Support Engineer your role will be to support our installed customer base of DeltaV DCS/SIS by delivering upgrades and modifications.
You will become part of our Lifecycle Services team, within the Automation Solutions division, which helps our customers carry out maintenance, improve reliability and boost performance of their DeltaV systems.
You will be responsible for executing the complete lifecycle of small projects, from sales support through to installation and commissioning on site.
If this sounds like an interesting opportunity for you then come and join our team based in Leicester!
IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR:
- Product Knowledge - have an excellent working knowledge of DeltaV DCS including configuration/graphics and setup, the Windows platform on which it is deployed and its associated PlantWeb technologies such as Backup and Recovery, Automated Patch Management, etc.
- Project Execution - be responsible for managing and delivering solutions for our customers, including requirements, quotation, engineering, commissioning and ongoing site support
- Customer Support - assist customers in the resolution of Emerson product service and application issues, where necessary initiate and coordinate support from the Emerson Global Support Centre
- Sales Support - assist in the demonstration of Emerson products to potential customers and to provide guidance in product application and after sales service:
o Proactively identify Service/Product opportunities and assist in their pursuit
o Assist in preparation of support literature for sales opportunities
FOR THIS ROLE YOU WILL NEED:
- Working Environment - be flexible to work throughout the British Isles, offshore or abroad and occasionally work unsociable hours including weekends to support customers
- Technical Consultation - provide technical consultation and site engineering services for our installed customer base, assisting in optimizing their control and instrumentation systems and utilizing the full functionality of their Emerson product
- Safety Systems - carry out work on Safety Instrumented Systems (SIS)
- Customer Training - provide on-site customer training in the application, service and operation of Emerson products
WHO YOU ARE:
- HNC/Degree in Engineering discipline or equivalent preferred
- Extensive knowledge of DeltaV products
- Experience in DeltaV configuration and graphic modifications
- Experience with Windows OS and networks
- Experience in authoring and reviewing project documentation and processes
- Excellent communication skills
- Motivation, proactiveness and ability to manage own time against a fixed budget
- Experience with configuring and installing interfaces i.e. OPC, Modbus, Profibus
- Experience of SIS would be an advantage
- Background in Industrial Control and Instrumentation preferred
- Site experience preferred
- Occasional short duration visits to offshore installations is a requirement of the role and there would be a requirement to pass and maintain medical and offshore training
You are passionate about making an impact and always act with integrity. You continuously push yourself to achieve new goals and are not afraid to question the status quo by proposing creative solutions to problems.
Our Offer to You
As an Application Support Engineer, you will be working at the heart of our business. This means that the skills and business insight gained can serve as an invaluable foundation toward developing your career within our global organization. We offer plentiful opportunities for advancement and support this through our formal personal development planning process.
Our on-boarding program uses a blended learning approach to get you up and running as quickly as possible. You benefit from Emerson certified trainers with extensive knowledge of our customers, products and applications.
Our global Women in Stem initiative gives you the opportunity to connect with local peers that share the same interest, to promote the diversity & inclusion and early STEM education and to benefit from professional development to access leadership opportunities. Also, we are committed to maintaining a partnership with the Society of Women Engineers (SWE).
Our inclusive company culture celebrates the unique perspectives, diversity of thoughts, and exceptional innovation that come to life when we actively seek to hire and develop the best, brightest team members from all backgrounds. These unique points of view help foster fresh thinking and new ideas, ensuring our continued success into the future.
Get to Know Us
Find out more by visiting our LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube pages or at www.emerson.com
At Emerson, we are innovators and problem-solvers, focused on a common purpose: leaving our world in a better place than we found it. Each and every day, our foundational values—integrity, safety and quality, supporting our people, customer focus, continuous improvement, collaboration and innovation—inform every decision we make and empower our employees to keep reaching higher.
As a global technology and engineering leader, we provide groundbreaking solutions for customers in industrial, commercial, and residential markets.
Our Automation Solutions business helps process, hybrid, and discrete manufacturers maximize production and protect personnel and the environment while optimizing their energy and operating costs. Our Commercial & Residential Solutions business helps ensure human comfort and health, protect food quality and safety, advance energy efficiency and create sustainable infrastructure.
Emerson, a Fortune 500 company with $17.4 billion in sales, more than 20 Innovation, Solutions & Engineering Centers, and 200 manufacturing locations worldwide, is committed to helping employees grow and thrive throughout their careers.
Whether you're an established professional looking for a career change, an undergraduate student exploring options or a recent MBA graduate, you'll find a variety of opportunities at Emerson. Join our team and start your journey today.