We’re Sky, Europe’s biggest entertainment brand. Think top-quality shows. Breaking news. Innovative tech. Must-have products. Careers here mean the freedom and support you need to make an impact – pushing boundaries, creating solutions, hitting targets. And as part of our close-knit team, you’ll enjoy plenty of benefits. Plus, experiences you’ll only find at Sky.
‘’The Virtualisation team provides extensive platforms for Sky’s business areas to run services on an assured at-scale infrastructure with the continued goal of improving flexibility and efficiency.’’ – Virtualisation Manager
Sky Q, a generous pension and private health care. Access to over 12,000 LinkedIn Learning courses to support your development. And if that’s not enough, our Scotland offices have a subsidised canteen, free shuttle bus service, on-site gym and much more.
To find out more about working with us, search #LifeatSky on LinkedIn, Twitter or Instagram.
Your role will be to provide in-depth Operational support for all current virtualisation technologies, focussing on Software Defined Networking.
– The SDN stream’s current focus is around and NSX-T across Sky’s platforms, NFV and cisco ACI to provide in-depth 24×7 operational support of a large Enterprise Virtualisation Platform of over 2000 ESX hosts and 39000 VM’s
– Be involved in fault diagnosis and problem management
– Participate in the development and delivery of new virtualisation technologies
– Planning, Installation, Configuration and maintaining all VMWare environments
– Proactive management and monitoring & troubleshooting operational issues
– Improve and simplify operational processes via automation
– Build effective working relationships with a variety of infrastructure and application teams to ensure that the technology meets the end customer requirements
– A strong VMware ESXi and vCenter experience as well as demonstrable evidence of participation in virtualisation deployment, delivery & troubleshooting
– Experience of VSAN, VROPS, Log Insight
– PowerCLI scripting & automation
– Knowledge of NSX-T, virtual & physical network switching/routing technologies and technical implementation
– An understanding of a broad range of technologies such as Windows Server, Linux, Databases, Kubernetes, DevOps etc.
– An active interest in virtualisation technologies and participant in virtualisation communities.
– Good communication and relationship management skills in order to communicate in a clear and structured manner at peer levels within Sky
– Willingness and ability to work in a fast-moving dynamic team-oriented environment
So, what are you waiting for? Apply now for a chance to forge your own career path and be brilliant as part of a bright, talented team.
Just so you know: if your application is successful, we’ll ask you to complete a criminal record check. And depending on the role you have applied for and the nature of any convictions, we might withdraw the offer.
We’re happy to discuss flexible working.
It’s our people that make Sky Europe’s leading entertainment company. That’s why we work hard to be an inclusive employer, so everyone at Sky can be their best.
A job you love to talk about