The Office for National Statistics (ONS) is the UK’s largest producer of official statistics, covering a range of key economic, social and demographic topics. These include measuring changes in the value of the UK economy, estimating the size, geographic distribution and characteristics of the population, and providing indicators of price inflation, employment, earnings, crime and migration.
If you would like to work in an exciting environment using modern technology and infrastructure whilst taking on new challenges, then we would welcome your application.
Our team culture is based around agile working and providing excellent service to both our internal and external customers.
IT infrastructure engineering is about the skills needed to manage the life cycle of the ONS infrastructure enabling the technology teams to build products and services which are easy to operate, scale and secure.
This involves skills in areas such as end user computing, mobile device management, server operating systems, storage area networks, virtualisation technologies, hosting and cloud services, Infrastructure as a Service, Platform as a Service and networking technologies. For this specific role we are looking for an experienced SharePoint Administrator.
As a member of the Operational Services team you will be responsible for designing, creating, supporting and improving new and existing SharePoint environments and related infrastructure services, products and platforms.
As an Infrastructure engineer you will be responsible for:
- Defining, building, bringing into service, operating, supporting, performance monitoring, continually improving and decommissioning Infrastructure services products and platforms to serve a variety of user needs.
- For the SharePoint services, products and platforms supported:
- Managing incidents, requests, changes and problems
- Managing the configuration, availability, capacity, performance and cost
- Drive continuous improvement activities.
- Maximise the use of tools and technologies to deliver operational excellence.
- Active participation in wider communities of practice, identifying good practices we can adopt and sharing our experiences.
- Sharing knowledge of tools and techniques and collaborating to improve the capability of the team.
- Maintain consistency between development and production environments.
Experience in the following essential areas:
- Monitoring, creating & deleting SharePoint sites to ensure compliance.
- Microsoft Windows server technologies
- Microsoft SQL server including failover clustering
- Scripting Technologies (PnP, PowerShell)
- Office 365
- A real drive and passion for excellent user experience, employee enablement and continuous improvement.
- An analytical approach to problem solving, identifying risks and mitigating any impact on wider organisation
In addition to the above essential skills we’d love to hear more about any experience you have in the below areas:
- Microsoft Exchange
- Identity Management (e.g. Azure Active Directory)
We'll assess you against these behaviours during the selection process:
Changing and Improving
Managing a Quality Service
We'll assess you against these technical skills during the selection process:
Technical skills relevant to the position as outlined in the essential criteria.
The Office for National Statistics is part of the Civil Service, and as such we share a number of key benefits with other departments, whilst also having our own unique offerings to support our 5000+ valued employees across the business.
Whether you are hearing about us for the first time or already know a bit about our organisation, we hope that the benefits pack attached (bottom of page) will give you a great insight into the benefits and facilities available to our employees, and our fantastic working culture.
We are an organisation that takes the well-being of its employees seriously and lives and breathes the desire to modernise the workplace of the future. Everyone, from our office-based staff in Newport, London and Titchfield, to our field interviewers and airports and ports passenger survey staff, are part of a diverse and inclusive family.
Inclusion & Accessibility
At ONS we're always looking to attract the very best people from the widest possible talent pool, and we are proud to be an inclusive, equal opportunities employer. As a member of the Business Disability Forum and a Disability Confident Leader we’re committed to ensuring that all candidates are treated fairly throughout the recruitment process.
As part of our application process, you will be prompted to provide details of any reasonable adjustments to our recruitment process that you need. If you would like to discuss any reasonable adjustments before applying, please contact the recruitment team in the first instance.
If you would like an accessible version of any of the attachments or recruitment documents below or linked to in this advert, please contact the recruitment team who will be happy to assist.