Grass Valley is a global leader in hardware and software solutions that make television happen. We’re focused on empowering customers to create, control and connect content wherever, however and whenever it is consumed. We provide the innovative tools – cameras, instant replay, signal management and more – to help customers improve the efficiency of their operations while telling better stories to attract and keep viewers. With Grass Valley's integrated solutions that enable flexibility, efficiency, cost-effectiveness, quality and scalability, broadcasters and content creators have what they need to sustain their businesses.
Grass Valley is just one of the many brands that make up Belden’s impressive portfolio. Belden is a multi-billion dollar global organization of 10,000 talented people that supports the mission-critical network infrastructure and audio visual broadcast needs of many of the world’s best-known brands, placing us at the heart of the global transformation to a truly connected world. We are seeking driven, results-oriented team members to help us continue to grow and succeed.
Reporting to the Manufacturing Manager, the Test Engineer will be part of a team responsible for the testing of PCB Assemblies (PCBA#s) & products to a defined specification, both as single assemblies and as part of complex systems. Fault finding to component level as necessary
- To test and align PCBA#s to primary test stage following provided specification and standard operating procedures.
- To final & assemble product to customer configuration / specification. Checking signal integrity and operation.
- To fault find down to component level.
- Conformance testing of product / assemblies to approved specification and standard operating procedures.
- Loading firmware/software code to product and customer configuration.
- Keeping accurate records on MRP system and test database, faults found, repairs carried out, customer configuration details, assembly records at primary, final & conformance stages as appropriate.
- Carry out accurate and timely inventory transactions, as well as regular cycle counts.
- Electrical safety testing.
- Observe ESD controls and procedures.
- Familiarity with IPC-A-610 workmanship standard.
- Maintain a clean and safe working environment by ensuring the workplace is consistent with the company#s health & safety policy.
Required Skills and Experience
- Relevant electronics qualification at City & Guilds, ONC or greater.
- Proven ability in digital processing PCBA#s, preferably with video processing experience.
- Experience of digital fault finding techniques.
- Familiarity with test equipment # analogue, digital & audio.
- Self motivated, team player, able to operate with the minimum of supervision and communicate clearly.
- Must be flexible, able to work additional hours if required.
- IT literate.
- Knowledge and experience of core routing and infrastructure products within the Broadcast environment.
- Knowledge of cellular lean manufacturing
- Understanding of material control including the use of Kanban
- Grass Valley thrives on collaboration with a diverse, global team developing cutting-edge software, hardware and service solutions that provide a rewarding customer life-cycle experience;
- Grass Valley offers competitive compensation packages in an energizing and supportive work environment;
- Grass Valley is made up of fun, dynamic people dedicated to performance and teamwork;
- Grass Valley is transforming — creating innovative new products and opportunities for employees to serve customers' changing needs.
Join an industry leader bringing state-of-the-art products, software and solutions to the broadcast industry.
These statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work involved for this job. It is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of this job.
This company is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, gender, disability, or protected veteran status.