Tango Networks, an emerging service provider inthe private enterprise mobility space is seeking a telecommunications SupportEngineer and Event Monitor with diverse skills. The role consists of monitoringthe core network management systems for events which may potentially indicateissues within the VoIP private network delivering mobility services to specificenterprises. The candidate must be able to evaluate the event, recognize thenature and severity of the incident and either take action based on their ownknowledge of the network and skill set, or direct the incident to the correctpersonnel within the Tango Networks Global Operations Team.
Skills and Aptitudes Required:
Must have familiarity with Network Management Systems and have experience with configuring and monitoring these systems. (Knowledge of Nagios a plus)
You must have the ability to use critical thinking and logic to analyze issues, determine the appropriate steps to either resolve the issue, mitigate the issue, or rapidly recognize and escalate the issue to personnel better suited within the company.
Must understand infrastructure management concepts and have some experience with virtualization technologies. VMWare and/or Xen experience a plus.
Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to provide a calming effect on situations that require immediate and tactical attention
Diagnose and resolve problems utilizing department tools, resources, business judgement and expertise – resulting in solutions
Must have a good understanding of VoIP protocols for signaling a media (SIP/SDP/RTP)
Should understand encryption protocols such as TLS
Must have experience with configuring and debugging session border controllers
Have a working knowledge of TCP/IP networking (including routers, Ethernet switches and firewalls)
Experience with engineering, operating and troubleshooting VoIP networks and associated components
Working knowledge of voice network architecture design and implementation principles
Ability to work and collaborate as part of a diverse team of engineers but also possess the ability to be opinionated and independent when required
- Manageincoming incidents at a T1/T2 level which originate from either customerreports or from monitoring of the corporate Network Management System.
- Be responsiblefor specific areas of infrastructure management and support, in alignment withyour experience and interests, in such a way that you become a subject matterexpert within the support team of that particular domain.
- Pro-activelydevelop and evolve your knowledge in assigned areas of ownership withininfrastructure management and support.
- Work bothroutine and critical service impacting incidents with the utmostprofessionalism and consistent diligence.
- Closely workwith team members across 3 sites worldwide, to ensure that work is effectivelymanaged and coordinated across all support sites and network management teams.
- Occasionallyact as a liaison between Operations and other Tango Networks teams, tofacilitate new service deployments, or customer on-boarding activities.
- Demonstrateand subsequently train others in the use of operational tools and portals inpreparation for trials
- Proactivelyresolve issues and problems before they become service impacting or customersatisfaction issues via clear understanding of the issue assigned and clearcommunication with other team members and supervisors.
- Passionate inunderstanding key customer needs and deeply motivated to help the companyachieve business objectives
- Follow allprocesses and document necessary changes for efficiency
This is ideally based out of Leeds, but personnel in or near London will also be considered, for remote operations.
Only Local Candidates need apply – not currently accepting applicants from recruitment firms
This position does not offer relocation
This is a Full Time Position