Minor Works Engineer – Marlowe Fire and Security
Full time, permanent contract
£28,000 - £32,000 per annum dependent on experience plus commission
Marlowe Fire & Security Group is the fire life safety and security division of Marlowe Critical Services. Together, we are the UK’s fastest growing and most innovative consortium of fire life safety and security service providers providing protection to our customers property and people.
About the role:
We are now seeking a self-motivated Systems Minor Works Engineer to work as part of a Regional Team. The position will involve working closely with the Minor Works Team on all projects from inception through to completion on CCTV, Access Control, Intruder and Fire Alarm Systems. Duties will include but are not limited to:
- Liaising with the Lead Engineer on all troublesome sites, including any critical issues.
- Working closely with sub-contract labour and onsite clients.
- Maintaining Fire & Security Systems in your region when demand requires.
- Responding to service calls on all types of Fire & Security systems in line with current standards and customer requirements.
- Maintaining effective communication with customers and schedulers when planning site visits.
- Utilise all customer portals as directed by your Lead Engineer in accordance with the customer requirements.
- Take ownership of all customers in relation to all aspects of service delivery.
- Assisting the team in any other works.
What are we looking for?
We are seeking someone with a proven record of working on small, medium and large CCTV, Fire, Intruder and Access Systems. Our ideal candidate has:
- Knowledge of current industry standards and able to commission multi-disciplined systems.
- Self-motivated and able to organise workload, with the ability to work on own initiative.
- Good knowledge of Fire and Security Systems
- Experience of frontline customer contact and delivering exceptional customer service.
- Highly organised, professional and computer literate.
- Full UK Driving Licence.
What do we offer?
As part of the Marlowe Fire and Security team you will have access to some great benefits including:
- Competitive OTE through our Engineer Incentive Scheme
- Paid Travel Time (Employee to provide the first 30 minutes each way)
- Paid Overtime
- Private use of Company Vehicle
- Life Assurance
- Company Tablet and Mobile Phone
- Paid Refer A Friend Scheme
- Mental Health & Well-being Scheme
- Employee Recognition Scheme
- Additional Day holiday for each full year of completed service (up to 25 days)
- Development and progression opportunities
Due to the security nature of this role, if successful, we will need to complete a number of background checks including a credit check, five-year referencing history and DBS check. All offers will be subject to successful completion of these background checks. You will be onsite Monday – Friday, between the hours of 8:30am – 5pm, and will need to be willing to work overtime on evenings and weekends when needed.
At Marlowe Fire & Security Group we strive to create a diverse and inclusive environment to encourage all our employees to be themselves. We celebrate what makes us unique and believe that adopting a culture of inclusion helps us to best serve our customers. We are committed to supporting equal opportunities, please inform us if you require any reasonable adjustments to enable you to participate in the recruitment process.