About the role
Here at Babcock International we’re looking to recruit an E&P Design Engineer.
You’ll undertake the delivery of conceptual and detailed electrical design and the production of plans/drawings/documentation, planning and organising activities and resources to meet programme deadlines.
- Actively participate within the Design team in the completion of allocated works in accordance with programme timescales.
- Monitor progress of works within the team, advising the Design Manager at agreed periodicities, and agreeing alterations to programmes of work or working patterns as required.
- Responsible for the design and checking of schemes and location plans for new work and alterations to existing work.
- Assist with design/checking and production of estimates / target prices and programmes of work for proposed work.
- Deal with internal and client technical queries and requests.
- Address and implement quality procedures to ensure that the Division can achieve and maintain ISO9002 registration and to facilitate the successful completion of projects.
- Perform the duties of responsible design engineer for projects as required by CDM regulations.
- Maintain an effective interface with other production functions to ensure a uniformity of purpose and common targets within the whole of Babcock.
- Provide design costings as required.
- Monitor design errors and make recommendations to stop reoccurrence.
What do I need to do the role?
You’ll need appropriate technical qualifications e.g. Engineering Degree. (HNC Minimum), extensive experience with the above, IT literacy, proficient in use of CAD systems and a Full Driving licence or willing to learn.
What else do I need to know?
- The successful candidate must be able to achieve the appropriate security clearance level for this role.
- We are happy to talk about flexible working. Please ask about alternative patterns of work at interview.
About Babcock International
For more than a century, Babcock, the Aerospace and Defence company, has been trusted to deliver bespoke, highly-skilled engineering services. We help customers in the UK and around the world to improve the capability, reliability and availability of their most critical assets within the four market sectors of Marine, Land, Aviation, and Nuclear, underpinned by a deep understanding of technology integration, unique infrastructure and specialist training.
We’re committed to providing a great employee experience in a supportive and engaging environment. The benefits you can expect to enjoy include a generous holiday entitlement, competitive money purchase pension scheme with life assurance and a share ownership scheme. You’ll benefit from excellent career and learning and development opportunities to ensure that you grow and achieve your full potential.
All applications should be made online. Please use a desktop PC or laptop to create your account and apply for a job. Once you’ve completed this you’ll be able to apply to jobs from mobile devices.
If you experience difficulties please check our career website for more information. Recruitment correspondence is normally by email so please check your email account and spam folder regularly.
We are committed to building an inclusive culture and strives to attract talent who thrive in an inclusive and flexible working environment.
If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages please let us know and we will respond in a way that best fits your specific needs.
Armed Forces Covenant
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant. We recognise the value that Serving Personnel, both Regular and Reserves, Veterans, Uniformed Cadet Instructors and Service Families contribute to our business and the United Kingdom. As part of the Covenant, Babcock offers Reservists and Uniformed Cadet Instructors up to 2 week’s special paid leave to help them meet their commitments. To find out more please check our career website for more information.