Cherwell Software (@Cherwell) is a global leader in enterprise service management, empowering organizations through the use of intuitive technology for better, faster, and more affordable innovation. Our solutions and our people build lasting relationships. We are a growing company with offices in the US, Europe, and Australia.
We are looking for a Software Engineer to join our team in Dundee or work remote in Scotland
What You'll Do
As a Software Engineer, you'll collaborate with industry-leading design and product thinkers every single day to help evolve our codeless platform. We regularly solve hard problems to add application capabilities that the industry hasn't seen before.
- Develop solutions for the Cherwell platform using technologies like C# and .Net 4.x, SQL Server, Kendo UI built from TypeScript, Rabbit MQ and other core services
- You'll spend most of your day in your IDE (Visual Studio or Rider) developing, building and running our solutions
- You'll be part of a multi-functional team, working with other specialists across the company to break down complex ideas and drive features from start to finish
- Help us add to our automation testing pyramid as we invest in strategies and technologies that will allow us to release and deploy safely and more often
- We run Agile Scrum, so you'll have a voice in the future process and practice of your team and wider development department through our regular retrospectives
Who Will Love This Job
- A problem solver: You thrive in an environment where the implementation is not always obvious.
- Someone who views quality as a top priority: You take pride in the code you write and want it to be as robust as possible
- A learner: You're naturally curious about the technologies you use and take the initiative to dive in to learn more when you're unsure
- An opinionated developer: You know the difference between doing something and doing it well. You have principals that you stick to when developing software
- A great teammate: You collaborate with other team members to solve problems and work together to achieve deadlines and departmental goals. You are pragmatic, not dogmatic
If you have the following experience, we'd love to hear from you!
Even Better If You Have:
- 3+ years of experience in a software engineering to include: Object Orientated language, web applications/services and relational databases
- Experience with source control and branching strategies
- Experience developing with Microsoft technologies. We use C# so knowledge of this language and associated libraries is a bonus!
- Familiarity with modern programming concepts, including SOLID principles, Continuous Integration, Unit Testing, and Mocking
- Experience developing web applications and web services
- Experience with client-side web technologies and JS frameworks like Angular, Bootstrap, React or have experience with TypeScript
- Relational Database experience with either SQL Server, MySQL, Oracle, etc
- WinForms or WPF desktop development
- An appreciation for good user experience
Please do not include any of the following details in your CV:
- When experienced people are inspired to come together to change the Service Management industry, the industry takes notice.
- We hire humble, but hungry teammates with a passion to give their heart into all that we do for our customers, partners, and community members!
- You will work with a team of great people with diverse talents and learn something new every day.
- We offer competitive compensation and benefits.
date of birth, marital status, nationality, racial/ethnic origin, religion or a photograph - none of these characteristics are relevant to the decision as to whether you have the skills and experience to perform a particular role.
Cherwell Software embraces diversity and equal opportunity in a serious way. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. If you require accessibility assistance applying for open positions, please send an email with your request to Recruiting@Cherwell.com.
If you are a recruiter or placement agency, please do not submit resumes to any person or email address at Cherwell Software prior to having a signed agreement from Cherwell Talent Acquisition. Cherwell is not liable for and will not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its prior-approved recruitment partners. Furthermore, any resumes sent to us without a written signed agreement in place will be considered your company's gift to Cherwell and may be forwarded to our recruiters for their attention. Thank you