Ciena may well be the most important technology company you’ve never heard of. The innovations that wow us (driverless cars), and those we now take for granted (the ability to mobile-stream your favorite show) are the products of ingenuity from some brilliant and forward-thinking companies. But those companies rely on Ciena, another vanguard of innovation, to create and advance the underlying networks that bring their breakthroughs to our doorsteps. VR, AI, IOT, 5G … literally none of it would be possible without the mind-boggling technology that makes the internet itself work. For more than 25 years, Ciena has been the global leader in networking strategy, and our technology has been part of the critical infrastructure running within the most advanced companies in the world.
- Help Senior Engineers code analytics algorithm and work on Machine Learning (ML) and Artificial Intelligence (AI) algorithms
- Support lab or simulation network to validate such algorithms
- Help test the code once ready for deployment using real network data
Collaboration with stakeholders:
- Help senior data analysis engineer on coding and testing of algorithm.
- collaboration will be daily with Senior Data engineer via meetings and email
- Strong coding background, python, R,
- Basic knowledge in Linux & shell programming
- Basic understanding of Web Services (REST APIs, SOAP)
- Experience in Data Sciences & Machine Learning is a plus
- Data Modeling, Data Structures, and Algorithms is a plus
Rewarding experience. Meaningful outcomes.
Making a difference in people's lives through design and implementation of leading network technologies. That's what motivates us.
A distinct way to work
Free thinking, free discussion, and collaboration are the norm. Expect more satisfying outcomes - both personal and professional.
Ciena values the diversity of our workforce and respects its employees as individuals, regardless of race, nationality, religion, sexual orientation, gender or age.
Ciena is also committed to developing inclusive, barrier-free selection processes and work environments. If contacted in relation to a job opportunity, you should advise Ciena in a timely fashion of the specific needs / accommodation measures which must be taken to enable you to be assessed in a fair and equitable manner. Information received relating to any specific needs / accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.
What you can expect from us
You will receive notification of your successful application
Successful applicants will be contacted by Talent Acquisition for an initial discussion
If suitable you will be considered for the short list and our formal interview process