SAP ABAP Developer
Fiori / Ui5 / Workflow
Babcock Corporate Services
Here at Babcock International, we are seeking a SAP ABAP Developer to join a highly capable and motivated team. This SAP Developer – ABAP will be immersed in business critical projects, working on SAP ABAP development projects from initial design through to delivery.
About the role
This SAP ABAP Developer will be working as a senior member of the application team responsible for the delivery of ABAP development projects. You will provide technical expertise for system design, testing, implementation and support, being your primary focus during the design and development phases of projects and user support.
You will be a subject matter expert in design and development of SAP solutions, and will ensure delivery of and deliver good customer service through delivery of consistent, well-documented, agreed developments for the SAP platform.
This role is unique in that you will be cross-trained into Integration, PI/PO, and you will work closely with the Security / Basis teams, so you will gain exposure to the full SAP landscape.
Key Tasks (Include but not limited to)
- Deliver SAP development projects for the Babcock’s SAP estate primarily for FICO, ECC, HCM, SCM, PM, PI, Fiori, Portal 7.3 and BW
- Support (Escalations & Task forces, MCS Back office) including optimisation, assessment, technical integration/ validation, empowering training and workshops
- Deliver root cause analysis, provides solutions, and delivers services for specific fields / areas
- Ensure 2nd and 3rd line support issues are delivered to agreed SLAs and work with the Service Delivery team to agree new SLAs and review impacts on resource levels
- Use specified toolsets to develop solutions to an agreed quality standard working with the quality and test manager to explore improvements
- Follow and suggest improvements for documented governance procedures to ensure the correct procedures are followed to ensure all development work packages are delivered to the agreed quality standard
- Ensure and deliver all 2nd and 3rd line support for ABAP development is delivered to agreed SLAs
What do I need to do the role?
Technical & Specialist Knowledge
- Good experience of working on a complex SAP system environment
- Broad knowledge of SAP functional areas particularly FICO, ECC, HCM, SCM, PM, PI, Fiori, Portal 7.3 and BW
- Some experience of Object Oriented programming within SAP using; ALV and ABAP lists, Subscripts and smart forms, Dialogue programming, Interfaces, BADIs/BAPIs, WebDynpro, BSP, Interactive forms, SAP Web GUI, SAP UI5, Fiori, RFC, ICF, Connectors and Web Services
- Extensive experience of managing the creation of work packages to ensure the delivery of technical solutions to an agreed standard
- Experience of managing internal and external suppliers and monitoring performance through KPIs to ensure specified SLAs are met
- Ability to deal with and manage conflict whilst building successful business relationships across a range of stakeholder groups
- Management of resolution of technical application issues and problems with suppliers and internal teams
- Experience using Team Foundation Server or HP ALM toolset
- Maths, Science or Information Systems related Degree
- BCS Diploma in System Development
- PRINCE 2 Foundation
- ITIL Foundation
What else do I need to know?
This role is based in Lakeside, Portsmouth. A vibrant and accessible campus that has shops, restaurants, hairdressers and a nursery on site. It has parking for employees and runs a free shuttle bus from city centre trains and bus stops.
We are happy to talk about flexible working. Please ask about alternative work patterns at interview.
You must have or be able to gain MOD SC security clearance
If you are currently employed by Babcock, please let your line manager know that you’re applying for this vacancy. You should also let them know if you are attending an interview or assessment for a role.
Please note that you will not be able to access the vacancy details after the closing date so you may wish to keep a copy of this advert and any supporting documents for your records.
We are committed to building an inclusive culture and strives to attract talent who thrive in an inclusive and flexible working environment.
If you have a disability, or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages please let us know and we will respond in a way that best fits your specific needs.