Database Developer, Horsham, PA
What are we trying to do?
WAM Supply Chain is a leading provider of supply chain planning and optimization software solutions to global process industry corporations. WAM is a division of ION, a global market leader with 3,000 employees providing innovative software to multinational corporations, financial institutions, trading firms, and central banks.
What do we need help with?
We seek a Database Developer to work with our application development and deployment teams who desires to work in a highly collaborative environment with our development and consulting teams.
What will you do?
- Manage application database
- Design and implement database changes
- Collaborate with application development team on issues related to application-database interaction
- Profile database performance
- Diagnose performance issues in both development and customer-deployed environments
- Tune and optimize database performance
- Develop database upgrade scripts
Who you are:
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related technical discipline
- 5+ years of experience with MS SQL Server developing the full range of database objects, e.g. stored procedures, views, functions, etc.
- 5+ years of experience with MS SQL Server using SQL Profiler
- 3+ years of experience with MS SQL Server optimizing performance including analysis of query execution plans, database design, and index tuning
- Excellent analytical skills with a well-developed diagnostic methodology
- Excellent communication skills and ability to interact with remote clients and support team members
- Ability to work in a team-oriented environment
- Strong attention to detail with high personal standard of excellence
- Ambition to make a difference in a fast-growing product-oriented company
You have strong database skills. You are a good communicator and thrive in organizations with a team-oriented approach. You are a creative thinker with superior analytical skills. You have a deep understanding of SQL Server internals . You have a strong work ethic and take pride of ownership of your responsibilities. You are comfortable prioritizing tasks and organizing your workload with minimal supervision.
Who are we:
Automation positively transforms the lives of people and business. Our software helps our customers improve decision-making, increase efficiency, simplify complex processes and empower their people. We enable our customers to go beyond data gathering to make better planning decisions that add to their bottom line. We are reinventing the way business is done through innovations in automation technology.
We encourage creativity by automating repetitive tasks.
We think long-term to get it right the first time.
We are not limited by the status quo:
we challenge boundaries, question assumptions and make transformative leaps.