We are looking to recruit talented Shift Fitters with great customer focus, who can deliver fantastic results at our Thurmaston garage, whilst maintaining the fleet of PCV vehicles.
The successful applicant will need:
- Experience with motor vehicle engineering
- To possess excellent diagnostic skills
- Be a good communicator
- Familiarity of the D.V.S.A. requirements would be desirable
- Have sound knowledge of PCV/HGV maintenance and the relevant qualifications.
- A full UK driving licence is essential and a PCV licence is advantageous.
You will need to have the ability to work safely and unsupervised to pre-set standards and guidelines. Where necessary training can be provided. The role will include shift work and some electrical knowledge would be an advantage.
Employee welfare is important to Arriva and we ensure that we provide a safe working environment for all our engineers. To equip you with the tools to prevent injury, we will provide a variety of courses, with the inclusion of Health and Safety so that you can identify potential risks. Any risks which could cause injury must be reported immediately to the Engineering Manager.
In return we can offer the right candidate modern facilities, supportive working environment, technical training, career development opportunities and the benefit of working for a people focused, highly regarded company.