What will the apprentice be doing?
You will be working with highly experienced and qualified Engineers to undertake such installation, maintenance, repair or servicing work as required by your Supervising Engineer or Line Manager. Working at a wide range of locations within your designated area, you will learn about our varied customer base which includes factories, offices, stores and public buildings. The primary role of the Apprentice Engineer is to qualify as an NVQ Level 3 Engineer.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Opportunity to become a Qualified Lift Engineer- NVQ3 Qualification
Off the job training:
On the job training:
- At local Further Education College - Day Release
- Performing Engineering Operations (PEO) Skills Units x 3, practical and hand skills
- BTEC Technical Certificate Electrical/ Electronic Skills
- Industry specific Distance Learning Modules
- Residential Block Release. Primarily via block attendance at Otis Leicester technical training centre
- In the workplace with experienced Otis engineers
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Otis will provide you with a solid foundation for a rewarding and lasting career. We believe that everyone working here has the potential to progress and you will be supported by our big commitment to your ongoing training and further development. Once you have qualified, you will be able to apply for a variety of roles within Otis.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
Communication skills, IT skills, Attention to detail, Organisation skills, Customer care skills, Problem solving skills, Analytical skills, Logical, Team working, Initiative, Physical fitness
GCSE or equivalent English (Grade Grade C/4 or above) Essential
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade Grade C/4 or above) Essential
GCSE or equivalent STEM subject (Grade Grade C/4 or above) Essential