A career that will deliver change. Together, we’ll help Britain achieve net zero
Competitive Salary & Benefits
EDF Renewables. Building a sustainable future through wind power and other renewable technologies, in partnership with local communities.
As an Electrical Engineer you’ll be responsible for assisting the Grid Connection Manager in providing support and expertise on all matters related to a range of of renewable energy projects. This includes gaining competency and knowledge of both distribution and transmission connection requirements, and advising on the best connection to suit each project from a technical and commercial perspective.
Day to day you will:
- Assist in day to day management of contractors and consultants.
- Gain competency in the preparation and communication of contract documentation, scope(s) of work, technical requirements, design requirements and specifications.
- Alongside the Grid Connection Manager participate in contractual negotiations where appropriate.
- Attend industry forums, seminars and meetings as required to ensure an up to date understanding of the grid system status and issues.
- With support for the Grid Connection Manager, discuss and resolve any technical, legal or commercial queries found within connection offer documentation.
- With support for the Grid Connection Manager, address any technical, legal or commercial queries raised by contractors or by internal departments.
- Assist the Grid Connection Manager in ensuring contractors, their sub-contractors and/or agents carry out all activities with respect to grid connections in a safe and controlled manner in accordance with internal Health and Safety policies and procedures.
- Ensure that any accidents, incidents and near misses are dealt with and reported in accordance with the internal Health and Safety policies and procedures.
- Gain competency in preparing the appropriate documentation for variations involving changes to scope, cost or schedule.
As a suitably qualified and experienced Engineer ideally with a technical background in the Renewables industry you have you will have a good working knowledge of renewable generation and associated equipment such as controllers, transformers, cables and switchgear and a technical understanding of High Voltage engineering.
In addtional to this you will be able to demonstrate:
- Bachelor degree in electrical engineering or similar.
- Competency and experience in the grid connection of renewable energy projects.
- An understanding of the design processes for electrical systems.
- Basic knowledge of the preparation of preliminary electrical designs (e.g. single line diagrams, schematics, general arrangement drawings).
- Knowledge of Health and Safety legislation with respect to electrical systems.
Competitive Salary and Benefits
At EDF we’re dedicated to offering flexible benefits that support our people across all aspects of their lives. We’re delighted to offer a range of benefits to support our employees’ physical, emotional and financial wellbeing.
In addition to a competitive salary, we offer a market-leading company pension scheme, paid holidays and a range of flexible benefits, such as: a company incentive bonus plan, health cover, cycle to work scheme, gym membership, discounts and employee pricing.
Please let us know if you’d like to discuss flexible working arrangements by highlighting this on your application.
Why EDF Renewables?
EDF Renewables purpose is to accelerate a net zero future where clean energy powers our lives. We want to make the net zero future happen as fast as we can. We want to set the pace and, where necessary, disrupt the status quo and transform perceptions. We are here to combat climate change, this is a clear and tangible goal for us. Climate change is what galvanises us to bring the right solutions to the UK and Ireland.
Our mission is critical in the pursuit of our purpose, we will lead the way in the delivery and operation of renewable technologies. We are proud to utilise fully our EDF heritage and place ourselves at the core of the industry.
We are constantly challenging ourselves to improve the way things are being done. We bring leadership to our interactions and collaborations with one another, how we influence our partners and external bodies, how we use technology.
The success of our mission and purpose is underpinned by our core values – our DNA:
We are open and authentic in our behaviours.
We have a strong belief in what we are doing.
Growth as a company and as individuals.
We remain determined even in challenging environments.